black eye - how long

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Seriously though going round the world is a good thing for a CV not a bad thing

I just need to be careful on how it is phrased - I lack tact (suspect you have not noticed that one :whistle:) and have a tendancy to speak my mind and then work out what I have said! need to find the +ve spin on it. been in IT for 20 years myself I think... or may be only 19.. still a life sentence either way!

RWright

Guru
That is quite a shiner you have there. I hope that did not come from a fainting spell I have seen you mention.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
its age is currently since Sunday, though it did not appear until Monday... my age 40.
bad - well can see out of it, but there is swelling. not impacting eyesight, can just see the swollen eye brow
heal - I bruise well and some have been known to linger for 3 or 4 weeks...
Ouch! Maybe you can match the other one with makeup so it just looks like excessive eye shadow :biggrin:

Don't think I've ever had a black eye :B)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I just need to be careful on how it is phrased - I lack tact (suspect you have not noticed that one :whistle:) and have a tendancy to speak my mind and then work out what I have said! need to find the +ve spin on it. been in IT for 20 years myself I think... or may be only 19.. still a life sentence either way!
Just make up a couple of kids, say you took a career break to bring them up.
Surely they're not gonna ask for their birth certificates! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Just make up a couple of kids, say you took a career break to bring them up.
Surely they're not gonna ask for their birth certificates! :thumbsup:
there are 3 of them hewy lewy and dewy ...(or any varitaion of the spelling). got around the issues of not having kids whilst we were on tour. triplets before you ask... I decided to get them over and done with in one go and made remembering their ages much easier!:whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try hirudoid cream - it's very good at bringing bruising out fast and getting rid of it.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Try hirudoid cream - it's very good at bringing bruising out fast and getting rid of it.
thanks - just been to the Dr's for more steroids and stronger painkillers. He wants me to get to A&E to get my thumb x-rayed. suspects I may have fractured the scaphoid and wants it checked out. I have no transport except a bike (well 3 of them) and don't want to cycle... too sore this morning. and the black eye is worse than yesterday and apparently going to get worse still and most likely spread to my cheek as well. the only good news is that we are pretty certain I don't have any broken ribs because of the absence of bruising there. Will look for some in town when I have checked out the ingredients - can't have some stuff (like aspirin, ibuprofen etc.) so have to be careful.

GarryG

I slipped on ice in December and hit my forehead, giving me a black eye, that took 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to clear up.

My eye got worse for a couple of days before it started to clear, pretty much working it's way through the colours of the rainbow!

ayceejay

Guru
In the Beano when Desperate Dan got a black eye he would put a raw steak on it and two frames later the eye would be like new. You might try that or an ice pack (frozen peas), I had a shiner from a cricket bat once but I don't remember how long I had it for although I do remember that it looked worse when it turned yellow and blue.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
thank you every one.

even the staff at A&E said the black eye is a good un.... and my GP thinks it will probably work its way down the cheek over the next few days. the good news is that the thumb is not broken (3 miles of walking £5 bus fare for less than 8 miles and all afternoon - now I really know why I cycle into town!) and the pain killers have kicked in so ribs feeling less painful but there is periodically a clicking sound, but no chest infection which for me is the important one being a moderately severe asthmatic.

Downside - now have to have a full blood work up done tomorrow at the Dr's, so have to get up at 5:30am to take my OH to work so I can have the car (possibly less painful than facing the once an hour bus service + 3 mile walk with a bad leg, bad ribs, sore hand...) Opticians were really helpful in town as well, glasses adjusted, nose pieces replaced, all done free of charge. Eye is fine for driving because it is not impacted by the accident, just discoloured. Forehead has started with the yellow & blue so hopefully the worst of the bruising is over...:whistle:

Looks like the 2 week cycling holiday we leave for on Saturday is still on, just at an easier pace for the first few days :whistle: (and possibly not the road bike until my thumb eases a touch more, hoods & gears will be murder). I have passed on my Pilates class tonight!

@ayceejay I will also pass on the raw steak option thanks, would have to go back into town to buy some and once was more than enough:eek: , ... I'm vegan + eggs (or veggie - all dairy depending on how you look at it).

Attachments

• IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom