Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargains,purchases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Debenhams is having a 'Wild Wednesday fire sale' tomorrow.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
I'm tempted to go to the branch in Blackburn,but i might end up buying summat i don't really want or need. I've seen some bargains on their website,but i don't think it'd be wise to pay for summat before you receive it,when they might go bust in a few days and keep your money and the goods you've bought as well!!🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Exactly my thoughts @Accy cyclist. Best to use a credit card and then you do a dispute with the CC company instead of relying on a chargeback with Visa. Not sure if the lower limit for credit card is set at £100.
They talk of a virtual queue,due to exceptional demand on their online shop https://queue.debenhams.com/?c=debenhams&e=produkv7&t=https://www.debenhams.com/sale&cid=en-GB
Is this a honey trap? 🤔
I've decided not to go tomorrow to the 'Wild Wednesday' sale. It'll be like a jumble sale,with irate customers stripping the shelves bare. 🧐

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Any of you fancy making a CC members buy out bid? I'm willing to put up a few hundred million! I know i won't be able to buy that third super yacht i had my eye on,but hey ho sailing around in the sun all day gets boring after a while! 🧐

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That is a handsome pair of boots! Excellent investment, well spotted!
They arrived today. I've walked about 1.5 miles in them this aft' and boy they hurt my ankles like feck!:laugh:

1607014965678.png

1607015023361.png

1607015274235.png

1607015360770.png

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
They arrived today. I've walked about 1.5 miles in them this aft' and boy they hurt my ankles like feck!:laugh:

View attachment 561439

View attachment 561440

View attachment 561443
View attachment 561444
They look good though!

:okay:

(Seriously tho', you want to be careful with that - I speak from bitter experience. A bit of stiffness is to be expected of course, but if they hurt that much it could be that they're just not right, and you could cause proper damage to your ankle. I caused nerve damage like that once that took months to heal properly (it was like hitting your funny bone), and certainly I never considered wearing the guilty boots again. Certainly I wouldn't just grin and bear it. At most I'd wear them just a few minutes at a time at first, to break them in before they break my foot. Personally, from your description of their effect on your ankle, I'm not sure I'd risk it. Nice tho' they are.)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They look good though!

:okay:

(Seriously tho', you want to be careful with that - I speak from bitter experience. A bit of stiffness is to be expected of course, but if they hurt that much it could be that they're just not right, and you could cause proper damage to your ankle. I caused nerve damage like that once that took months to heal properly (it was like hitting your funny bone), and certainly I never considered wearing the guilty boots again. Certainly I wouldn't just grin and bear it. At most I'd wear them just a few minutes at a time at first, to break them in before they break my foot. Personally, from your description of their effect on your ankle, I'm not sure I'd risk it. Nice tho' they are.)
I expected a bit of pain. The last pair of Loakes took 6 long weeks to break in. When my ankles swell up and turn purple i'll send a pic.:laugh: Someone suggested using saddle soap to soften them up. Then another person suggested pouring boiling water on the ankle bits to soften them up:ohmy:. I certainly won't be pouring boiling water on them! Honestly,some suggestions are crazy!:wacko:

Top Bottom