Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargains,purchases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just sent off for these.
https://www.loake.com/product/hyde-dark-brown/?attribute_pa_size=10
I've had my eyes on them for a few days. I decided to pounce when i noticed all the smaller than size 10 disappear,thinking size 10 will be next. Low and behold after i paid the size 10 option disappeared,so i bought the last pair. One thing that attracted me was the 'free returns' option/offer. I never buy 'expensive stuff' off the internet unless the seller offers free returns and they are a reputable company.
How much did you pay for them? They look really nice, very fashionable :thanks:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist my bike cost nearly as much as that! Most I would pay for a pair of shoes like that which I class as formal work shoes is £40-£50 from next.

I think i get a bit of a high off buying 'expensive(to me)items. I take photos of the item(s) on arrival...how weird is that!:rolleyes:
Like i said in the previous post,i can toy with them (try them on and decide whether to keep or not) then send them back if i don't think they're worth it. All i have to do is 're-box' them then take a 5 minute walk to the Post Office. From £260 to £182 is a decent 'black Friday' bargain i'd say!

Last edited:
Intriguing device, the Varia. But when it tells you there's a car approaching from behind, what do you do with that information?
I think after one ride its simply that because you are armed with that information you are not surprised. It seems nice early with the warnings which seem accurate giving you plenty of time to react (ie not react) even to the drivers which are going too fast (it highlights them red). The detection is far better than my ears anyway 😂 Its supposed to change flash intensity/ pattern as a car approaches. It seems to have got me noticed better on my ride today but you can never really know if it was the factor 🤔
Edit: I've also remembered another thing from today's ride. It seemed to have helped me relax when I knew there was nothing behind, hopefully making cycling more enjoyable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Piggin ell Accy.A few years back I paid £70 for some Docs,most I have ever paid out.Got to say they look nice.
You'll like these Postie! Loake's version of oxblood 'Docs'.👍
https://jeanstore.co.uk/products/loake-625-signature-brogue-boot-polished-burgundy?variant=30928076636203&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqo3-BRDoARIsAE5vnaJbO45C56AcOnOE24ZHSRTDWaz5xyySd9i8BK9d_YGiVln2BWIrvOUaAtuIEALw_wcB

Just short of 200 quid,but i've seen those somewhere on t'internet for about £145.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just sent off for these.
https://www.loake.com/product/hyde-dark-brown/?attribute_pa_size=10
I've had my eyes on them for a few days. I decided to pounce when i noticed all the smaller than size 10 disappear,thinking size 10 will be next. Low and behold after i paid the size 10 option disappeared,so i bought the last pair. One thing that attracted me was the 'free returns' option/offer. I never buy 'expensive stuff' off the internet unless the seller offers free returns and they are a reputable company.
That is a handsome pair of boots! Excellent investment, well spotted!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
By a strange coincidence, I saw your post immediately after polishing my Loakes brogues, for which I paid £75 somewhere north of twenty years ago.

1606670444416.png

I still feel like a proper grown up every time I put them on. ^_^

Top Bottom