Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargains,purchases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First of all what the feck is Cyber Monday?!🧐 it sounds like something from a hundred years in the future to me! Have any of you been buying 'black Friday bargains' and if so what've you bought? I'm scouring the internet to see if there's anything that i like at a decent price. 🤔
Cyber Monday is a bit like Tedious Tuesday. Although friends pointed me towards a Garmin Varia and when I saw the latest one on the CRC Black Friday sale I got one. Its usually just old models that are in sales.

dodgy

Cyber Monday is a bit like Tedious Tuesday. Although friends pointed me towards a Garmin Varia and when I saw the latest one on the CRC Black Friday sale I got one. Its usually just old models that are in sales.
Intriguing device, the Varia. But when it tells you there's a car approaching from behind, what do you do with that information?

dodgy

:laugh:🤷‍♂️

stephec

Legendary Member
Instead of just laughing it might be better to offer a bit of useful advice to someone who might have a bit less experience.

@oreo_muncher whilst moving left might seem to be the sensible thing to do it's not always the best option. If the road is wide enough for a car to pass once you've moved over then it might be better to do that. If the road is too narrow for safe passing even when you've moved over, or has an upcoming blind bend, then maintaining your position is usually the best option and the motorist will have to wait.

If you're fairly new to cycling it could take a while to become confident doing this, but it's worth it in the end.

Instead of just laughing it might be better to offer a bit of useful advice to someone who might have a bit less experience.

@oreo_muncher whilst moving left might seem to be the sensible thing to do it's not always the best option. If the road is wide enough for a car to pass once you've moved over then it might be better to do that. If the road is too narrow for safe passing even when you've moved over, or has an upcoming blind bend, then maintaining your position is usually the best option and the motorist will have to wait.

If you're fairly new to cycling it could take a while to become confident doing this, but it's worth it in the end.
I'm very confident on the road. I can cycle very well in London in the traffic, I can cycle on the A40 and A606 for hours and I can do rural country lane cycling, I'm fine with roundabouts and pretty much most things.

Intriguing device, the Varia. But when it tells you there's a car approaching from behind, what do you do with that information?
I am a touch deaf but I can generally hear a car behind me but not a pig ignorant cyclist who pass within inches at speed. This is done deliberately as a way of scaring cyclist like myself who are going at a more sedate speed. Isn't there some rule about cars not passing to close? it appears it doesn't apply to some cyclist.

It will, I counted 15 badgers today.
I keep count based on how much dead badger the dog is covered in. In the dark off road she can often roll in one without me spotting it or to be more precise smelling it.....until I get home. Last night was really bad, minging absolutely minging.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just sent off for these.
https://www.loake.com/product/hyde-dark-brown/?attribute_pa_size=10
I've had my eyes on them for a few days. I decided to pounce when i noticed all the smaller than size 10 disappear,thinking size 10 will be next. Low and behold after i paid the size 10 option disappeared,so i bought the last pair. One thing that attracted me was the 'free returns' option/offer. I never buy 'expensive stuff' off the internet unless the seller offers free returns and they are a reputable company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom