Black ice - be careful...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I came off the bike this morning when I hit the back of a pick-up truck.

I was on a downhill and the truck in front of me started to brake suddenly. I put my brakes on but skidded straight into him. Now my left wrist is very sore, there's a big rip in the saddle and the front mudguard keeps chafing against the tyre (must have bent the spoke things).

Anyway, be careful out there. Give yourself a bit of extra clearance space with the car in front on frosty mornings.

;) sounds nasty, I hope you're not hurt too bad. Look on the bright side, sounds like it could of been worse.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
I'm ok, thanks, apart from the wrist which is now coming back to life again!

Wolf04

magnatom said:
;) Ouch!

Glad it was nothing more serious. Surely this is an excuse for a day off work! ;)

That's very kind of you, I'll just get my coat:biggrin::biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You have my sympathies, Maz. It's not nice stuff, black ice (he says, wincing at the memories...)

Glad that you came off relatively unscathed and I hope the wrist loosens off soon ;)

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Hi Maz

Glad you're ok! I virtually crept to work today as had a nasty encounter with black ice 3 weeks ago. A cracked helmet, ruined leggings and top, as well as some nasty bruises, gashes and grit rash. I've still got a bit of whip lash!

Be careful out there.

Tynan

Veteran
not being funny promise

but what we say about a car skidding into the back of bike in the same circumstances? would we be so understanding

pleased to hear you walked away with nothing worse that some bumps

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
snapper_37 said:
Glad you're ok!
cheers, i thought i was ok...went to A+E this afternoon to get it checked out...turns out i've fractured a bone in my hand [one of the carpals, i think], so now have a cast on...no bike for 6 weeks. :angry:

Top Bottom