Black or high vis yellow? Your vote counts

Black or yellow?

• Black

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

The Mrs has finally caven in and is about to ge tme an Altura night vision jacket

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360029726&N=Altura Night Vision Jacket

for my upcoming birthday!!...BUT being a mere man I am of course unable to decide on the colour....Black or Yellow?...I was set on Yellow for safty...but then I realized I look BAD in yellow...so black is top of th elist right now...but....yellow is safer in the day time....and this is a highly reflective night vision jacket...but i will mostly ride in the day...and I dont want to look a prat in the pub and....oh...ballz...help me decide!!

What say you?

sloe

Red.

Brock

I tend to think that people drive into cyclists because they're not looking, in which case Hi-Viz is worthless.
That said I'd probably go for the yellow, just so the driver that leaves you paralysed can't claim to sympathetic ears that he couldn't see you in your dark clothes.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum...sorry...shoulda gone to betterspecs:rolleyes:
(Maybe a mod should move it to the clothing forum?)

...There is an XXXL option which should fit. The not so LBS in Sutton Surrey (Mrs. works there) said they'd order one in. I have already tried on the XXL and got into it but it was too tight so the XXXL might work.

...I am 70% black 30% yellow at the moment...vanity being a stronger driver than saftey....I'm responsible like that:rolleyes:

asterix

Comrade Member
Hmmm.. I voted black thinking I'd be in a minority!

I have only one all yellow cycling garment - a cheap rain jacket I hardly ever use.

My lidl jersey is both black AND yellow and would be a fine fit if only I was pear-shaped. The rest of my gear is electric blue or red.

Apparently the colour yellow attracts insects.

donnylad

I was looking at them.But i want something similar with side pocket
for the pub and footie on a Saturday .Any ideas anybody please. ;)
so much to pick from and i don,t really have a clue .

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It occurred to me as I gazed at myself looking better in the black on in the mirror that i could always wear one of those 'Miss World' type luminous sashes in the dark. So I get to wear a cool waterproof and look like the beauty queen of the Leeds cycling world!!

Mankymitts

Wearing a dark jacket with reflective stuff on it in April in the daylight. Got hit by a car, first thing the driver said was "I didn't see you". Entirely their fault, but since then I have worried a lot less about looking luminous.

MM

I say yellow, then I can pretend that it's the Maillot Jeune! ;)
I actually wear bright colours - for practical reasons, not posy ones!
IMO, apart from shorts and tights, I don't think black is a good colour for cycling.
I don't do much night cycling anyway! :ohmy:

My "Night jacket" is:
bones_thumb.jpg

Foska Bones...

Absolutely stunning in the dark!

PS - That's not me, just images nicked from Foska

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..well Black it will be then 75% vs 25% is good enuff for me. Looks like I may be getting the matching altura night vision trousers as well....they wont fit yet but I am determined they will do soon (ish!).....so if anybody sees a cyclist lit up like they had just done a tour at Chenoble that'll be me.;)

Top Bottom