Black pudding anyone ?

• Oh yes please

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bleughhhh

• Take it or leave it

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Lovely! I prefer the sort without the big lumps of fat though.

I've had it served as tapas, with apple, that's nice. But ideally, in a good fry up, with a perfect poached egg...

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
GTN said:
My local Chip Shop does Battered Deep Fried Black Pudding..Great after a few pints .....
Used to live next door to a fish & chip shop that did that, absolutely delicious! But the best black pudding I ever tasted was in Burgos (Northern Spain) - the Spanish black pudding (morcilla) is in a different league all together.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Gretah65 said:
Eating black pudding...= eating blood. It's gotta be wrong.
:biggrin::wacko:

Ohhh ! I love a bit of black pudding served in a sandwich with fried tomatoes and mushrooms, and maybe a dollop of brown sauce.

The Lidl's black pudding is the absolute best that I have found in the shops; it tastes exactly the same as the Black pudding that my now long deceased gran used to make when grandad (also long gone) killed a pig during my childhood.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Wow, i'm genuinely surprised !!!
I rarely frequent burger bars except carboot days, but very few do black pudding.
I thought i'd get a reaction like marmite, a completely divided response.
Black pudding lives on apparently :smile:

ASC1951

Guru
Gretah65 said:
Eating black pudding...= eating blood. It's gotta be wrong.
Er, what makes meat red?

Black pudding, grilled, with a squirt of tomato puree. Also good with English (not French, too vinegary) mustard.

kyuss

Veteran
Gareth said:
The Lidl's black pudding is the absolute best that I have found in the shops;

:smile:

Absolutely. Nothing else comes close. I was really surprised first time I had it. It's very nearly as good as the stuff from the butchers in Gairloch which makes the best blackpudding in the world.

Top Bottom