Black pudding anyone ?

• Oh yes please

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bleughhhh

• Take it or leave it

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marooncat

Bromptonaut said:
Stornoway BP??

I shall be importing a few whole ones when I'm next up there at the end of the month.

One time I was up on Lewis with work and came back with about 20 in a box (not all for us). I had flown up for the day so the only thing I checked in was the box of Blackpuddings (of course I have packed this myself..:smile:). Anyhow somehow this box ended up on the Glasgow flight not the Edinburgh flight and I did not get it back till the next morning.. they were all still fine (it was winter) but I could not believe it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The Stornaway Black Pudding is suposed to be REALLY good!

Me?? I'll eat it anywhere, and get this, apparently Pigs can't get CJD*, so we are all safe!!

Wouldn't eat a bovine version though.

* - Neither can dogs (and horses), so all those loving doggy licks wont get at you.
Cats can get CJD though and had some sort of problem with in the early '90s when pets were fed infected meat.

TVC

Black pud and egg yolk, made for each other.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Arch said:
Lovely! I prefer the sort without the big lumps of fat though.

That will be the 'Scottish' type. Less fat and more spice.

I don't mind the odd bit but mass production of the stuff does look like something out of your worst horror nightmare. :sun:

wafflycat

'Orrible stuff. The *only* thing it's good for is for chopping up a small amount *very small* and placing in a beef stew to disintigrate other than to add a richness to the stock. To eat as a thing on its own: Bleeccch.

Top Bottom