Black pudding anyone ?

• Oh yes please

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bleughhhh

• Take it or leave it

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Arch said:
Myoglobin. Not blood....
I should have been more precise. It is iron which makes blood red and meat red. In blood the iron is carried by haemoglobin and in muscles partly by haemoglobin but mainly by myoglobin. :biggrin:

Anyway, I've just pedalled to Lidl and lavished 89p on one of their black puddings on someone's recommendation on the previous page so I'm looking forward to my breakfast.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm sure there was fat African footballer years back who was known as the black pudding:wacko:

Dayvo said:
Have you tried haggis?

Or sausages?

Not a fan of haggis, had it as a kid when I used to stay with grandparents in Scotland, sausages are fine but what the english call sausages can be significantly different from what the word refers to elsewhere.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Catrike UK said:
Not a fan of haggis, had it as a kid when I used to stay with grandparents in Scotland, sausages are fine but what the english call sausages can be significantly different from what the word refers to elsewhere.

I remember back in the dim and distant past when we had a bread strike in England, the French said, "Why does it matter, they can always eat their sausages"

longers

Legendary Member
It's quite a high yes vote. I went off it briefly as a kid once I was told what it was.

Made nice starters with it a few times, bit of brie melted on, nice toms, some greenery and some dressing. Posh as . . . .

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
It's horrible, you bunch of northeners.

Wha ??? i never lived north of Nottingham :smile: Perhaps there is a North South divide here ?

Uncle Mort said:
I love it. Food of the gods. Well the foodie gods anyway. It's very messy to make though...

Now that i can imagine :biggrin: I used to work in a petfood plant, we used to get blood from the slaughterhouses in by the lorry load for freezing. Bloody (scuse the pun) awful it were. Perhaps the black pudding factory's not so different.

gavintc

Guru
Ah, a black pudding supper - deep fried and with chips, almost as good as a haggis supper.

Top Bottom