Bleak Mid Winter CC Ride - London Sat 24th Jan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wlc1

Just waiting to confirm the route with a friend who knows good routes... I want to make it a good en.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Can you iron out some of those hills though, I think they might frighten me off!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
I thought we back markers represented the 'mixed ability' part of the ride with grave dignity.:biggrin:

Coaxing Sittingduck to the top of Westwood Hill was a real 'Chariot's Of Fire' bond building moment. And you missed it.:laugh: :biggrin:

Hmm, I like that movie but I don't recall any scene when one of the Cambridge Toffs ground to a halt, face like a beetroot and exclaimed "F*ck this!" :blush::blush:

wlc1 said:
I'll be up for the hills.... wait for my March Hilly Surrey ride if anyone is interested.

It's going to be a little bit painful :smile:

:biggrin:

wlc1

yea , it won't be up and down all the way. What I've looked into is a nice gradual hill to start ( in 1st 10km), then some lovely lanes, no traffic etc, then a steep, short ascent with a lovely descent ( Got 49mph there last time) followed by again some very very light undulating roads... then a big one.............. followed by easy routes from there on in.

I'll map my ride it when I can and give you total ascent/descent, elevation and distance etc.

Won't be 60 miles cos of the hills so more like 45-50.

That ok for everyone.

PS the hills are easily climbable. May even venture into Sussex from Surrey...... Starting point will be Epsom Downs in the huge car park ( free parking and tea/snack hut) overlooking the race course.

Stand by for details

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sig SilverPrinter said:
That'll be for me then!

Thanks tr1nka really enjoyed myself even though that hill nearly killed me.
Thanks to you and[I think]theboytaylor for getting me back to Tower Bridge.
And to round off a great day got home and found out west ham had won :biggrin:

Thanks for the cherry cake, SSP - very tasty.

Radius

SHREDDER
Am on a trip this weekend in France, so can't make it unfortunately. Would like to make London ride type thing more regular tho if people are up for it, cos it was great, and nice to be out on the bike for a bit longer (much more fun with other people!) :tongue:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Thank you, I may bake some more for the essex ride

Yes Please!:smile:

Radius said:
Am on a trip this weekend in France, so can't make it unfortunately. Would like to make London ride type thing more regular tho if people are up for it, cos it was great, and nice to be out on the bike for a bit longer (much more fun with other people!) :smile:

Have you got your weekends mixed up? I did but thankfully to my benefit.
The Essex ride is the weekend after next.
Isn't it??;)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Radius said:
Am on a trip this weekend in France, so can't make it unfortunately. Would like to make London ride type thing more regular tho if people are up for it, cos it was great, and nice to be out on the bike for a bit longer (much more fun with other people!) :evil:

I would be up for some more too, setting off from Clapham out to Bromley where there are less trafficlights etc.

Radius

SHREDDER
tdr1nka said:
Yes Please!:biggrin:

Have you got your weekends mixed up? I did but thankfully to my benefit.
The Essex ride is the weekend after next.
Isn't it??:evil:

Ah, ok then maybe. Although whether I'll go all the way out to essex.... B) :smile:

djtheglove said:
I would be up for some more too, setting off from Clapham out to Bromley where there are less trafficlights etc.

Yeah, now that's more like it :biggrin: But seriously, something like that would be good :smile:

Top Bottom