Blind, Crazy or What! - She mouthed for me to get lights huh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Nick

You've got her number plate. You've got great video. Go straight to the police station this morning. A year without a driving licence for that driver will make the roads safer for all cyclists.

They may go for a due care driving offence but more likely it would be 'words of advice' to the driver I reckon

I think if nothing else, a visit from them to the driver would make her realise she was 100% in the wrong and make her think twice at junctions which can't be a bad thing to cyclists she may encounter on the roads in future

MikeG

Guru
The police these days are offering "speed awareness days" in place of points on your licence for a speeding offence. Wouldn't a "bike awareness day" be a good idea for motorists who cause these sort of issues? The police could then give the driver the option of facing a "driving without due care and attention" charge, or spending £90 to attend a day of safety training.

.stu

Über Member
The police these days are offering "speed awareness days" in place of points on your licence for a speeding offence. Wouldn't a "bike awareness day" be a good idea for motorists who cause these sort of issues? The police could then give the driver the option of facing a "driving without due care and attention" charge, or spending £90 to attend a day of safety training.

As long as "a day of safety training" is a euphemism for a day riding around on a bike in traffic - that'd certainly make them more aware.

recently two cyclists have been killed in clear conditions because the driver failed to notice them. It is these sort of pull outs that the cops should focus on, she risked your life then blamed you, at the least she needs to be spoken to.

OP
OP
Krellon

Krellon

On topic.. Our local police has an excellent twitter account so it's worth looking there.

Off topic.. What camera are you using ?

Hi Maltloaf.
The chest cam is a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition in its standard case with open none waterproof back plate.
It was set too 1080p super @ 30 fps
The handlebar cam is a GoPro Hero 3 (standard) Black Edition in its standard case with waterproof back plate. Hence the muffled sound when I go to it. It was set too 1080p @ 30 fps

Hope this helps

Br

OP
OP
Krellon

Krellon

They may go for a due care driving offence but more likely it would be 'words of advice' to the driver I reckon

I think if nothing else, a visit from them to the driver would make her realise she was 100% in the wrong and make her think twice at junctions which can't be a bad thing to cyclists she may encounter on the roads in future

I'm hoping it was a genuine mistake. I hope :P It happens, just all too often nowadays.

Br

OP
OP
Krellon

Krellon

I think all offenders should spend two weeks compulsory commuting by bike on carefully laid out routes that include the the terrain types we cyclists have to endure!

Br

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes she should have waited, but you could have slowed down to make sure she doesn't hit you. Yes she is wrong, but a car hurts more than my right of way etc etc etc
Wrong on so many levels. :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom