Blind, Crazy or What! - She mouthed for me to get lights huh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I understood your point. Mere repetition doesn't improve it.
He's right, though. If a collision had occurred there, the fault would be that of the car driver, but that is no comfort if you get injured as a result.

I know we can all do the web forum perfect hindsight thing, but I think this particular scenario was such that most regular cyclists would have seen what was likely to happen in time to brake and thus remove the risk of collision.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Awful pull-out, I would certainly try reporting it.

You never know, you might be number 21 reporting this numskull, and/or the Police might want an excuse to pay a visit.

Kies

He's right, though. If a collision had occurred there, the fault would be that of the car driver, but that is no comfort if you get injured as a result.

I know we can all do the web forum perfect hindsight thing, but I think this particular scenario was such that most regular cyclists would have seen what was likely to happen in time to brake and thus remove the risk of collision.

like like like like like

OP
OP
Krellon

Krellon

I know what your saying and I agree to a point but i'm a sport cyclist I try to go as fast as I can "Safely" But I refuse too yield to every potential risk or whats the point in sport cycling. You may as will stick too the pavements and 8 mph.
She edged out then stopped. I assumed (wrongly) that she was waiting for me too pass which is why I was surprised when at the last minute she suddenly pulled out.

Br

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

How many ifs do you want to include before you decide to stay at home and read a book?

80-odd percent of collisions are the drivers fault. Perhaps we should stay off 'their' roads. Victim blaming, or suggesting that cyclists should change their behaviour, doesn't address the root cause of the problem and backing down in the face of "might is right" beemer-drivers won't do anything to affect the bullying driver's outlook either.

400bhp

Guru
I know what your saying and I agree to a point but i'm a sport cyclist I try to go as fast as I can "Safely" But I refuse too yield to every potential risk or whats the point in sport cycling. You may as will stick too the pavements and 8 mph.
She edged out then stopped. I assumed (wrongly) that she was waiting for me too pass which is why I was surprised when at the last minute she suddenly pulled out.

Br

Are you Alan Partridge:whistle:

CopperBrompton

I know what your saying and I agree to a point but i'm a sport cyclist I try to go as fast as I can "Safely" But I refuse too yield to every potential risk or whats the point in sport cycling.
Well, I don't know what defines a 'sports cyclist', but if it's about cycling hard, wouldn't the extra effort involved in accelerating back up to speed after slowing for numpties like this be a bonus?

CopperBrompton

How many ifs do you want to include before you decide to stay at home and read a book?
You'll do a lot more reading books at home with a broken leg than without ...

Victim blaming, or suggesting that cyclists should change their behaviour, doesn't address the root cause of the problem
We need to remove the phrase 'victim blaming' from cycle forums: it gets trotted out as regularly as it does inappropriately. No-one is blaming the cyclist here. I've said very clearly all blame lies with the driver. What some of us are saying is that staying out of other people's crashes is a good thing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We need to remove the phrase 'victim blaming' from cycle forums: it gets trotted out as regularly as it does inappropriately. No-one is blaming the cyclist here. I've said very clearly all blame lies with the driver. What some of us are saying is that staying out of other people's crashes is a good thing.

Crankarm

Guru
I would have unclipped and left a nice cleat signature in the front wing of the car. That would make her think twice on pulling out dangerously in front a cyclist. If she then continued to harass me I would have lent on her door mirror ever so slightly, expensive they are and if she rammed me into the kerb I would have put my handle bars against the door so they left a nice gouge down the side. A nice bill for her or if she goes through her own insurer trying to explain that she did not attempt to knock a cyclist off. Of course this would all be on camera showing her totally indefensible driving. Cyclist 1, BMW driver 0.

Top Bottom