Blind, Crazy or What! - She mouthed for me to get lights huh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FFJ

its why I don't like roads...just cant trust nutty bmw drivers...I don't think there is much you could've done, looked like she was waiting and then continued,
to be honest eyesight may have been as much of a problem as the fact she was a bmw driver...but then blew the opportunity to apologise

buggi

Bird Saviour
They have many facebook pages? depends on region i Guess.

Br
yea, i searched Warwickshire police. Search for your local one

buggi

Bird Saviour
responsibility -v- avoidability. No one is saying the driver isn't responsible, just that there are things we can do to avoid being hit. Doesn't make the driver less responsible for it... There is just no point in being [literally] dead right.

sazzaa

This happens loads here! Constant guessing game, will they/won't they after you see them slowing at a junction... They usually slow down, look straight at you, decide you're going about a mile an hour (even downhill!?) then pull out anyway! Ahh the joys.

To be honest I'd have been on my brakes. Too used to it happening.

jack smith

Veteran
this is what the majority of my close calls are, i dont know if it is them not wanting to get stuck behind me cause they are impatient, under estimateing the speed cyclists can achieve or are just morons. this and people overtaking through crossing islands

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Or overtaking just before a queue at lights. The overtakey brakey.
Its a form of MGIF - or "must get in front", had a bloke do this to me yesterday morning because he wanted to turn, but he must have been so focused on me that he nearly didnt see the motorcyclist waiting to pull out. Not helped by the fact the bloke got his line wrong too...

Origamist

Legendary Member
2973025 said:
Anyone who is more out of a junction than in is a high risk of pulling out on you. Slow right down, make eye contact and wave them away in a dismissive fashion.

But make sure you check behind first, otherwise you could get twatted by a following vehicle...

mangid

Guru
Its a form of MGIF - or "must get in front", had a bloke do this to me yesterday morning because he wanted to turn, but he must have been so focused on me that he nearly didnt see the motorcyclist waiting to pull out. Not helped by the fact the bloke got his line wrong too...

I'm always amazed at the people who overtake, then indicate left and stop in the road expecting you to trust them enough to go up their inside ....

Top Bottom