bloody b*****d driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
User3143 said:
And it's from my understanding that if you cannot stop safely then you should not. This is and example of poor driving and we all know this as is displayed by the driver in the vid.
This is a technical subversion as the driver had plenty of time to stop safely considering how long the light was amber & decided not to. So the driver should have stopped the question is after they neglected to stop did they go through on a red or amber.

User3143 said:
Are you sure? I'd say that it's more to the off side...
To my eye the straight line takes you about 1/3 of a cars width into lane 2 if that.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
gaz said:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ici0Il0ieg

This knob of a driver cut right across my path and he came from 2 lanes to the right to do this.. totally malicious and unnecessary.

I'm perfectly lit up with 2 rear lights, yellow jacket and a hump bag cover.

If you don't mind me asking, gaz: were you using 2 helmet-cams, one facing front and the other rear? I'm interested in that because I was considering starting to use one for my own commutes (especially given my near-collision with a motorist on the way home today).

Regards,

--- Victor.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
victor said:
If you don't mind me asking, gaz: were you using 2 helmet-cams, one facing front and the other rear? I'm interested in that because I was considering starting to use one for my own commutes (especially given my near-collision with a motorist on the way home today).

Regards,

--- Victor.
one on the helmet facing forward, one on the frame facing backwards.

StuartG

slower but further
I'm not convinced he saw, recognised and took action to intimidate you. more likely he was wanting to beat the lights and you just did not figure in the equation. I doubt the fuzz would do him on RLJ - his front wheel was on the line at change which means from the driver's perspective the line has already disappeared under the bonnet so a bent solicitor might argue that it was a 50/50 and with a cyclist close behind it was safer to continue!

Just be thankful that a lunatic like that didn't take you out either by commission or omission. I can only hope that unless it was a one off aberration that driver will get caught sooner rather than later and before he does some real damage.

Best you can hope is the police might have a word - particularly if he has form.

Top Bottom