bloody b*****d driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's one junction I know too (it's near where the tram rails cross the road isn't it). Perhaps one would expect that sort of behaviour there. The driver's main objective it seems is to beat the lights - all other considerations including other road users are secondary.

thomas

the tank engine
Sh4rkyBloke said:
He did it to be able to "legally" get through the lights as it is (I presume from looking at the footage) the shortest path... however, he still ended up running the red so should be reported for dangerous driving and RLJing. :biggrin:

Muppet! (the driver, not you! :biggrin:)

Also, if he knew he'd be going past the red light, he may have wanted to have been further from the junction so if cars pulled away he wouldn't hit them. Just a potential idea....probably more likely that he just didn't care and wanted to scare a cyclist.

Crankarm

Guru
It's just a hunch, but I bet the police in Croydon do absolutely bugger all as they will say they can't clearly identify the driver. Might there be additional CCTV footage?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Crankarm said:
It's just a hunch, but I bet the police in Croydon do absolutely bugger all as they will say they can't clearly identify the driver. Might there be additional CCTV footage?

I'm hoping on it, it's right next to the town centre and the police station is only just down the road.

I've only had good experiences with croydon police and cycling. so we will have to wait and see on this one.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I wouldn't say he has DELIBERATELY done this to have a go at you, how ever at the very least he was racing the lights (&failed) so you have either an NIP for fail to stop at lights (3points and £60) or summons to court for due care and attention.
Make sure you ask to speak to Traffic rather than the local bobby!

Darkmarkster

Über Member
thats really messed up.Glad your ok though,I would definitely give it a go reporting it to the police and see what happens.

With those two videos like what you have put up I would like to do split screen but can't find how to do it yet.

sort of like 50/50 for a front and rear view.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
With those two videos like what you have put up I would like to do split screen but can't find how to do it yet.

sort of like 50/50 for a front and rear view.

In some video software progs you ca use an overlay video track to put picture in picture. Resize and position and it will play along with the main vid.

Youtube has various how-to vids on it if you look up "picture in picture"

downfader said:
In some video software progs you ca use an overlay video track to put picture in picture. Resize and position and it will play along with the main vid.

Youtube has various how-to vids on it if you look up "picture in picture"

Ok dude thanks....my new camera looks good...im confident the battery will last the commute and if not I have a spare.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
gaz said:
Will burn a disc tomorrow with the footage and drop it down the station.

If you do that you must follow it up swiftly. I did the same as you as a result of a stupidly close overtake. I didn't receive any reply for ages and, when I queried this with the Met, discovered that because some lazy plod had failed to act on the report the time limit for any official action being taken had passed. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but this has to be done, if memory serves me correctly, within about two weeeks.

The sad thing is, I don't think it was deliberate.

I'd actually feel better if it WERE deliberate...that would mean just one malicious bar steward out there. I think it was "just" bad driving. Some drivers don't "do" roundabouts. More of them than would deliberately cut up a bike for shoots and giggles.

buggi

Bird Saviour
OMG there is no way the police can stand by after seeing that. definitely report him. He came across you unnecessarily because he returned to his original lane and he jumped a red light. definitely report him!

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Tinuts said:
If you do that you must follow it up swiftly. I did the same as you as a result of a stupidly close overtake. I didn't receive any reply for ages and, when I queried this with the Met, discovered that because some lazy plod had failed to act on the report the time limit for any official action being taken had passed. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but this has to be done, if memory serves me correctly, within about two weeeks.

From Memory a Notice of Intended Prosecution must be sent out within two weeks of the incident (not two weeks of the incident being reported).....So yes follow up and get your skates on about reporting it

Top Bottom