bloody b*****d driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Sheffield_Tiger said:
The sad thing is, I don't think it was deliberate.

I'd actually feel better if it WERE deliberate...that would mean just one malicious bar steward out there. I think it was "just" bad driving. Some drivers don't "do" roundabouts. More of them than would deliberately cut up a bike for shoots and giggles.

That's my impression too - I think the driver was just following the "racing line". A tosser, but maybe not intentional towards Gaz teh cyclist.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
That's my impression too - I think the driver was just following the "racing line". A tosser, but maybe not intentional towards Gaz teh cyclist.
The thing is that he didn't take the racing line.

GrasB

Veteran
It's not a straight line & it's not the racing line, which would have the car approaching gaz from the near size (not that taking the racing line would give any advantage at that sort of speed). It could well be a piss poor 'straight line' with target fixation or the guy was just on auto pilot & started to go the wrong way.

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Sheffield_Tiger said:
The sad thing is, I don't think it was deliberate.

I'd actually feel better if it WERE deliberate...that would mean just one malicious bar steward out there. I think it was "just" bad driving. Some drivers don't "do" roundabouts. More of them than would deliberately cut up a bike for shoots and giggles.

That's what I was thinking. I reckon the driver just lost concentration or was on the phone. Either way he seems to have been distracted.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
User3143 said:
You would if you wanted to be in the correct lane at the set of lights which the driver stopped at.

Would it be fair to say as well that the driver did not RLJ at the first set of lights?
if you wanted to be in lane two. but he was in lane 4.
The rlj is pushing it.. from memory he didn't go through the light as it was red. but had he not taken the line he did, he would more than likely gone through the red light.

GrasB

Veteran
When he goes through the lights they're in the transition from amber to red.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
User3143 said:
Thank you for proving my point and BM's that the driver did indeed take the racing line i.e the quickest in going through the lights.
If that was the case, his pass was far too close and dangerous!

But the racing line is about corners, and not from a point to a traffic light. There is a small bend as we enter the traffic lights so the real racing line would be to cut from lane 4 to lane 3 and then move back into lane 4.

Not to go across from lane 4 to lane 2 and then back to lane 4.

Guys,

Lee's on a wind up. We all know that the driver took the quickest route to get through the lights, but not a true racing line. Lee, knows this too, he's just mischievous...

GrasB

Veteran
The racing line is almost never not the shortest line between 2 points, it's the line which when on the limit of grip is quickest & going further at higher speeds tends to win. On that basis it's actually quickest to swing out very wide & brake up to the apex which would be a little after the second set of lights, all that would have started at well over 100mph however so the racing line argument doesn't hold water. The quickest at low speeds line should be a straight line, he's not taking a straight line though, the line he takes is slightly bowed to the near side.

PaulB

Legendary Member
That's shocked me but are we all convinced it was a man? Judging by the incompetence of the driving, I'm more inclined to think it was probably a woman.

Top Bottom