Bloody car drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
pastaman said:
well im even more offended now:wacko:

Try as you might to be clever and cover yourself, you can't hide with language as poor as yours, Joe24. It'll always give you away.

I'm sure that the Mods will be able to check if you and Pastaman share the same IP address, and then the game will be up, "mate". ;)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
goo_mason said:
Try as you might to be clever and cover yourself, you can't hide with language as poor as yours, Joe24. It'll always give you away.

I'm sure that the Mods will be able to check if you and Pastaman share the same IP address, and then the game will be up, "mate". ;)
your a mod and i wish to recieve £20 toodles, im off now
x
although joe24 still isnt got rid of properly, so might stick around abit longer and wait for the perminent one
i can honestly say that a few moderators, like mr a is a complete a hole and power crazy
there are a few good mods though

OP
OP
J

Joe24

gavintc said:
Well it has kept some people amused on a damp Sun night. 137 posts is not a bad troll.
no not bad at all i thought, and i thought with my refrences to nottingham(levi routes being from nottingham, raleigh being from nottingham) you might have worked it out
just shows how shoot most are on here

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
Hmm, it's getting interesting, reference being made to the 'Mods' could this really be Joe who is a bit pissed (literally speaking as well) because he was banned a couple of days ago for 48 hours...?
no i dont drink at all

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
pastaman said:
your a mod and i wish to recieve £20 toodles, im off now
x
although joe24 still isnt got rid of properly, so might stick around abit longer and wait for the perminent one
i can honestly say that a few moderators, like mr a is a complete a hole and power crazy
there are a few good mods though

I'm a progressive / indie rock man, myself Joe. Never did like the Mod stuff.

I wouldn't think you'll be around much longer on these forums if you're calling the mods names though.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

goo_mason said:
I'm a progressive / indie rock man, myself Joe. Never did like the Mod stuff.

I wouldn't think you'll be around much longer on these forums if you're calling the mods names though.
yeh, ill be gone soon

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
From now on I think we should assume that every new member of CC is Joe in disguise. Should liven up Beginners no end.:biggrin:

Archie

Errrr.....
hackbike 666 said:
44 pages.
Well, we were up to five when I left you all earlier about 6, and we've already hit 15. Normally when a thread goes past 5 I don't bother 'cos by then it's onto the RLJ/Helmet/should've-could've nonsense, but I'll make the effort this time as this has great potential. :biggrin:

rusky

CC Addict
I was starting to think he was genuine but holding back on some small detail, like the pavement was actually a shared use cycle lane;)

J4CKO

Oh god, I am in trouble, I ride a few yards on the pavement on my way in, I do it to avoid an offset junction across a busy A road (Chelford Road/Ollerton juntion for those that know it), I dont dismount, I unclip my left pedal and scoot along at walking pace using the high kerb at the side, then I slow right down for the corner in case there are any peds, occasionally there are a couple of school kids who I always say good morning to, I always stop to let them through and then I exit a bit further up.

I wouldnt generally ever ride on the pavement but the junction is particularly evil, its bad in a car, did it a couple of times on a bike but its just asking for trouble.

I appreciate its "illegal" but a copper has seen me a few times and not said a dicky bird, I think he probably appreciates my dilema and would rather me do a cautious and courteous jib across the pavement rather than have to scrape me off the wheels of a quarry wagon.

J4CKO said:
Oh god, I am in trouble, I ride a few yards on the pavement on my way in, I do it to avoid an offset junction across a busy A road (Chelford Road/Ollerton juntion for those that know it), I dont dismount, I unclip my left pedal and scoot along at walking pace using the high kerb at the side, then I slow right down for the corner in case there are any peds, occasionally there are a couple of school kids who I always say good morning to, I always stop to let them through and then I exit a bit further up.

I wouldnt generally ever ride on the pavement but the junction is particularly evil, its bad in a car, did it a couple of times on a bike but its just asking for trouble.

I appreciate its "illegal" but a copper has seen me a few times and not said a dicky bird, I think he probably appreciates my dilema and would rather me do a cautious and courteous jib across the pavement rather than have to scrape me off the wheels of a quarry wagon.

Your not in trouble....as such...:smile:

Quick question though, is there a detour that you could take that would avoid the junction in question?

When I first started I used to cycle through an underpass that had a dismount sign (it wasn't obligatory!). However, as I learned more I decided to look for alternatives. I now add a detour onto my ride. It adds about 3 or 4 minutes, but it it avoids the problem.

Often with careful planning most difficult junctions or one way streets can be avoided, IME.

snorri

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I cant beleive it i got some woman in the pasenger seat of a car today having a go at me
Did you get her registration number, make/model of car?
I suggest you get along to your local police station sharpish, the staff there will, I am sure, be pleased to "have a word" with you:biggrin::biggrin:

J4CKO

magnatom said:
Your not in trouble....as such...:evil:

Quick question though, is there a detour that you could take that would avoid the junction in question?

When I first started I used to cycle through an underpass that had a dismount sign (it wasn't obligatory!). However, as I learned more I decided to look for alternatives. I now add a detour onto my ride. It adds about 3 or 4 minutes, but it it avoids the problem.

Often with careful planning most difficult junctions or one way streets can be avoided, IME.

Not really unless I do a completely different route (which I do sometimes), I just do it as I value my safety but I also value others safety as well, hence my circumspection when negotiating this bit, its usually totally free of pedestrians, I could dismount I suppose but at 7.30 am there seems little point, in fact I am more cautious when in a pedestrian area than most of the cars near our local shops who think it is fine to mount the pavement to avoid stopping due to traffic, now that is something I would never do.

Top Bottom