Bloody Wasps...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Bit of a coincidence - first wasp of the year has just flown in.

Bastard thing!

Wonder if we'll get a visit on CC from Waspy Fecker now?

Globalti

Legendary Member
These are the queens looking for suitable nesting places. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
No problem with Wasps this year over here.

They never made the play-offs, so can't ruin a good Rugby season by doing nothing all year, then winning the one vital game at the end and being declared champions.

Long may it continue...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There don't seem to be anywhere near as many as there used to be years ago when I was plagued by them every summer. I had a traumatic experience*** with wasps as a child and it took me over 20 years to stop getting into a panic every time one got in the room.

*** When I was 5 years old, I discovered a hole in our back garden which hundreds of pretty yellow and black insects were flying in and out of. I watched them until I got bored and then tried blocking the hole with sticks... :wacko:

kyuss

Veteran
I've not seen a wasp yet this year thankfully. Hate the bloody things. Hundreds of bumble bees though. Which is nice.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I saw the first one about 2 or so weeks ago, and my youngest got stung 5 times yesterday by one including on his neck and chest (it went down his T-shirt). Up till now he had never been stung once. I'm not sure how he is going to react the next time he sees one.

Globalti

Legendary Member
summerdays said:
I saw the first one about 2 or so weeks ago, and my youngest got stung 5 times yesterday by one including on his neck and chest (it went down his T-shirt). Up till now he had never been stung once. I'm not sure how he is going to react the next time he sees one.

He'll swat the fecker like everybody else.

My son got stung on the shoulder a few years ago so I though I'd try a trick I'd seen in South Africa with bee stings. Went and got an old syringe and put the nozzle over the little white blister on his skin then withdrew the plunger. Within seconds the pain had gone, the white blister disappeared and the redness had gone. One happy child!

The South Africans carry these on bush hikes: http://www.moontrail.com/accessrs/a-emerg/venom_extractor.html

Top Bottom