1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody weather !!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 19 Nov 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Even the dog doesn't want to go out for a walk, how am I supposed to nip out for a spin on me bike ??

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Commute to work, then you have no option.

But i'm with your dog..too bloody cold and miserable!

3. Old Walrus

Old Walrus Über Member

I got bailed out of walking the pooch earlier, but can't escape the commute in an hour! Bit warmer today but some big black clouds sitting south of The Downs waiting for me.

4. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

It's sunny, +6 degrees and no wind today.
    Good day to start a 3-4 month break! ;)
    My hybrid's got a buckled wheel (which I'll soon be learning to fix) so I'll get out on my MTB, er, tomorrow! Spinning this afternoon.

5. Its actually been drier than I was expecting but the winds are horrible here. It really hits that when I'm pedalling really hard down hill and only getting to 8 mph where I normally freewheel 20+ down the same hill.

6. frog

frog Guest

Don't take the dog . . If you ask him nicely he might have a cuppa waiting for you when you get back. ;)

7. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

I even had to resort to knee warmers in the garage when on my turbo yesterday! It was flipping freezing.

8. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

I didn't think it was too bad today for rain and cold, it was incredibly dark and dingy and misty out there though.

9. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

It's the local carnival tonight, the kids insist on going. I'm looking out the window ............. Rio de Janeiro it is not !!!!!

10. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Commute home tonight was wet, windy and pretty unpleasant. The wind was in my face, with a constant sleet like rain dancing in the front light - fun!