Blow mere coincidence, this time it really WAS spooky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
I'm sure that the TV could monitor me - it is a Samsung that can do online voice searches - but I don't reckon that Samsung are linked to the 7DayShop email server!
Hmm, wasn't there a hoo-har a little while back warning about Samsung smart TV's overhearing private conversations due to their constant monitoring?

Edit:
There was! BBC News Link!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I bumped into a guy at the station earlier.
Didn't know him from Adam. Never seen him before.
What are the chances?
Who the heck is Adam, anyway, and why is he always indistiguishable from everyone else?

Tin Pot

Guru
I am sure that we have all experienced weird coincidences like thinking that you fancy a cheese sandwich and then somebody shouts from the kitchen "Do you fancy a cheese sandwich?" ...

In truth, that sort of everyday coincidence is bound to happen from time to time.

What just happened to me though really spooked me!

I was watching a recording of a TV programme that I recorded yesterday about getting young women more interested in digital technology. While I was at it, I was checking CycleChat on my laptop. On the TV programme, a tech guy was trying to explain the 'Internet of Things' and how it was going to be HUGE in the future ...

Tech guy to young woman: "Imagine that your umbrella is hooked up to the Internet and it can check the weather forecast. If rain is expected it could flash a red light at you as you walk by to prompt you to pick it up and take it out with you!"

ColinJ to himself: "Yeah, right, and exactly who is going to pay good money for fancy umbrellas with flashing lights built in!"

Laptop: "PING!" (Incoming email.)

The email contained a link to THIS ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

"Blow mere coincidence"

I'm disappointed in this thread.

tyred

Legendary Member
I personally thing umbrellas should come with large orange flashing "hazard" lights.

Or at least make people sit an umbrella "driving" test before allowing them to use on in a public place:B)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm, wasn't there a hoo-har a little while back warning about Samsung smart TV's overhearing private conversations due to their constant monitoring?

Edit:
There was! BBC News Link!
I got two remote controls, one of which was a 'smart' one with a microphone in it. I don't use that one, but it is lying across the room from me. I have noticed activity on my router when all of my other devices have the wifi turned off. I thought that the TV might be checking for software updates, but now I am wondering about that second remote control!

I will doublecheck that I turned off voice control, and will take the batteries out of that device.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I am sure that we have all experienced weird coincidences like thinking that you fancy a cheese sandwich and then somebody shouts from the kitchen "Do you fancy a cheese sandwich?" ...

In truth, that sort of everyday coincidence is bound to happen from time to time.

What just happened to me though really spooked me!

I was watching a recording of a TV programme that I recorded yesterday about getting young women more interested in digital technology. While I was at it, I was checking CycleChat on my laptop. On the TV programme, a tech guy was trying to explain the 'Internet of Things' and how it was going to be HUGE in the future ...

Tech guy to young woman: "Imagine that your umbrella is hooked up to the Internet and it can check the weather forecast. If rain is expected it could flash a red light at you as you walk by to prompt you to pick it up and take it out with you!"

ColinJ to himself: "Yeah, right, and exactly who is going to pay good money for fancy umbrellas with flashing lights built in!"

Laptop: "PING!" (Incoming email.)

The email contained a link to THIS ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wouldnt worry about it colin google are probably just watching you through your tablets camera ........... nothing to worry about ......... :giggle:

Top Bottom