Blow mere coincidence, this time it really WAS spooky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am sure that we have all experienced weird coincidences like thinking that you fancy a cheese sandwich and then somebody shouts from the kitchen "Do you fancy a cheese sandwich?" ...

In truth, that sort of everyday coincidence is bound to happen from time to time.

What just happened to me though really spooked me!

I was watching a recording of a TV programme that I recorded yesterday about getting young women more interested in digital technology. While I was at it, I was checking CycleChat on my laptop. On the TV programme, a tech guy was trying to explain the 'Internet of Things' and how it was going to be HUGE in the future ...

Tech guy to young woman: "Imagine that your umbrella is hooked up to the Internet and it can check the weather forecast. If rain is expected it could flash a red light at you as you walk by to prompt you to pick it up and take it out with you!"

ColinJ to himself: "Yeah, right, and exactly who is going to pay good money for fancy umbrellas with flashing lights built in!"

Laptop: "PING!" (Incoming email.)

The email contained a link to THIS ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

classic33

Leg End Member
I am sure that we have all experienced weird coincidences like thinking that you fancy a cheese sandwich and then somebody shouts from the kitchen "Do you fancy a cheese sandwich?" ...

In truth, that sort of everyday coincidence is bound to happen from time to time.

What just happened to me though really spooked me!

I was watching a recording of a TV programme that I recorded yesterday about getting young women more interested in digital technology. While I was at it, I was checking CycleChat on my laptop. On the TV programme, a tech guy was trying to explain the 'Internet of Things' and how it was going to be HUGE in the future ...

Tech guy to young woman: "Imagine that your umbrella is hooked up to the Internet and it can check the weather forecast. If rain is expected it could flash a red light at you as you walk by to prompt you to pick it up and take it out with you!"

ColinJ to himself: "Yeah, right, and exactly who is going to pay good money for fancy umbrellas with flashing lights built in!"

Laptop: "PING!" (Incoming email.)

The email contained a link to THIS ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Smart TV, keeping an eye on you.

Apart from the coincidence that I was going to post a thread on coincidence tonight...

My sister called me today just as I was about to leave work to give me the heads up on a weekend of music.

She was trying to remember the name of a band that was there last year. I was sat in front of the PC and Googled to try and find the one she was stuck on, which turned out to be Toploader, Dancing in the moonlight.

I usually listen to songs from my phone in the car on the way home, but was looking for racing results on the radio, but failed so left it on a random channel. The next record on was Toploader, dancing in the moonlight.

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Coincidences. Nothing more. Nothing less.

They stand out and are memorable because of the rarity of their occurences. It when they are an hourly occurence when you can truly exclaim WTF!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm guessing you don't have much of a belief in the parasolnormal Vernon.

No, just the Pieanormal

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have only once in my life thought about umbrellas with flashing lights in and that was this evening after hearing someone talk about them 2 seconds before a company sent me an email trying to sell me one.

Umbrellas with flashing lights in are extreme rarities in my world so it was a pretty damn fine coincidence! :okay:

I have only once in my life thought about umbrellas with flashing lights in and that was this evening after hearing someone talk about them 2 seconds before a company sent me an email trying to sell me one.

Umbrellas with flashing lights in are extreme rarities in my world so it was a pretty damn fine coincidence! :okay:

Don't let the negativity rain on your parade, it certainly puts some other coincidences in the shade. Are you getting one then?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Don't let the negativitybrain on your parade, it certainly puts some other coincidences in the shade. Are you getting one then?
Ha ha - no, I don't think so! I always thought umbrellas were pretty odd things. They always seem to be getting blown inside out, and I can't believe that they really keep you dry. Anyway, I usually either stay in during heavy rain, or dress in waterproofs if I have to go out so I don't really need one.

PS If I get an email in the next few seconds from some company trying to sell me waterproofs, then I'll really start to think something odd is going on!

Ha ha - no, I don't think so! I always thought umbrellas were pretty odd things. They always seem to be getting blown inside out, and I can't believe that they really keep you dry. Anyway, I usually either stay in during heavy rain, or dress in waterproofs if I have to go out so I don't really need one.

PS If I get an email in the next few seconds from some company trying to sell me waterproofs, then I'll really start to think something odd is going on!

You just want to get pampered.

man-wearing-diaper.jpg

Top Bottom