Blow mere coincidence, this time it really WAS spooky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I am sure that we have all experienced weird coincidences like thinking that you fancy a cheese sandwich and then somebody shouts from the kitchen "Do you fancy a cheese sandwich?" ...

In truth, that sort of everyday coincidence is bound to happen from time to time.

What just happened to me though really spooked me!

I was watching a recording of a TV programme that I recorded yesterday about getting young women more interested in digital technology. While I was at it, I was checking CycleChat on my laptop. On the TV programme, a tech guy was trying to explain the 'Internet of Things' and how it was going to be HUGE in the future ...

Tech guy to young woman: "Imagine that your umbrella is hooked up to the Internet and it can check the weather forecast. If rain is expected it could flash a red light at you as you walk by to prompt you to pick it up and take it out with you!"

ColinJ to himself: "Yeah, right, and exactly who is going to pay good money for fancy umbrellas with flashing lights built in!"

Laptop: "PING!" (Incoming email.)

The email contained a link to THIS ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Scott was way ahead of them...from 1982
UMBRELLA3-450_zpsxnkqeflr.jpg

Naaah. How do you explain ghosts, Tarot and crystal balls then?

In the latter case - simply a load of balls!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(Poor Vernon! :sad:)

I wouldnt worry about it colin google are probably just watching you through your tablets camera ........... nothing to worry about ......... :giggle:
They aren't, because I have stuck a square of gaffer tape over it! :laugh:

I didn't reactivate the thread to point that out. I did it to report today's coincidence ...
  • My cousin had come down from Scotland to West Yorkshire to ride the Tour de Yorkshire sportive tomorrow
  • We decided to drive to North Yorkshire to watch the men's and women's pelotons out on today's stage
  • We found a cheap car park just outside Pateley Bridge (£2 for the day - bargain)
  • Another car pulled up and parked next to us rather than in any of the many empty spaces that he could have chosen
  • The other driver was from Bristol; not Scotland, not West Yorkshire, and not North Yorkshire
  • The driver from Bristol had first met my cousin from Scotland on a cycling training camp just last month in the Andalucia region of Spain!
:whistle::wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
(Poor Vernon! :sad:)

They aren't, because I have stuck a square of gaffer tape over it! :laugh:

I didn't reactivate the thread to point that out. I did it to report today's coincidence ...
  • My cousin had come down from Scotland to West Yorkshire to ride the Tour de Yorkshire sportive tomorrow
  • We decided to drive to North Yorkshire to watch the men's and women's pelotons out on today's stage
  • We found a cheap car park just outside Pateley Bridge (£2 for the day - bargain)
  • Another car pulled up and parked next to us rather than in any of the many empty spaces that he could have chosen
  • The other driver was from Bristol; not Scotland, not West Yorkshire, and not North Yorkshire
  • The driver from Bristol had first met my cousin from Scotland on a cycling training camp just last month in the Andalucia region of Spain!
:whistle::wacko:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

Tin Pot

Guru
TV, lights, everything black.
<tinkle>
No lights in houses or streets as far as I could see.
<tinkle>
Looked at phone - no signal.
<DEFCON 2>
Legged it upstairs to say goodbye to family. Remembered the phone was an old one with no SIM.
<back to tinkle>
Found other phone, called power company
Them: "Hello sir, yes we can see there a faulty underground cable it's affecting 1400 people would you like us to keep..."
<carrier signal>
Me: "Hello..?"
<alarm bells now jangling>

Tin Pot

Guru
@Tin Pot just run and don't look back.

I got as far as the on ramp to the M25 and the power came back on.

No explanation for the phone. They kept silent calling me for about fifteen minutes.

I can't recall the last proper power cut I've seen at home - this is London after all, I'm sure they're a monthly occurrence Oop North.

Spooky with no street lights.

I think the locals are still looting Waitrose.

classic33

Leg End Member
I got as far as the on ramp to the M25 and the power came back on.

No explanation for the phone. They kept silent calling me for about fifteen minutes.

I can't recall the last proper power cut I've seen at home - this is London after all, I'm sure they're a monthly occurrence Oop North.

Spooky with no street lights.

I think the locals are still looting Waitrose.
It's not that bad with no street lights.

The silent call is easier to explain. Power to the mast got cut during the call, both parties needed to end the call at the same time.

Tommy2

Über Member
A few months ago I had an ad pop up on a forum on my phone for a random small gym in ripon.
I don't live in or go to ripon and there are hundreds of other bigger gyms closer to me (i haven't even been searching for a gym) but the day before a lad I work with had mentioned the name of this gym in conversation, coincidence.... I think not.

Just yesterday I went for a training ride round the tour de Yorkshire route and was going to catch some of the race if I happened to be there at the time, anyway I was going to head home but decided the race was coming close to where I was soon so turned round and was going to watch at one hill but they were still 30 Mins away so rode to the next hill, was gonna watch from the bottom as police were blocking the hill, then decided to walk a little up it, then decided to walk a little further up... Anyway, Sat where I happened to stop was a couple of club members and our coach, of all the places I'd thought of stopping and changed my mind, coincedence or fate.

....cool story, I guess you had to be there

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If someone shouted from my kitchen did i want a cheese sandwich i'd wonder who the hell was in my kitchen !

Tin Pot

Guru
It's not that bad with no street lights.

The silent call is easier to explain. Power to the mast got cut during the call, both parties needed to end the call at the same time.

London streets without any lighting? Think "28 days later".

Silent call*s*. Cut off, then three silent calls.

We was three shakes from the zombie apocalypse I tells ya!

Top Bottom