bluetooth mouse ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are loads of choice.

For when all else fails:
20221009_182351.jpg

si_c

Guru
Same here, but I bought a wireless dongle type mouse.

I have caught the dongle a couple of times when moving the laptop so if the dongle or mouse ever dies I would probably opt for a Bluetooth mouse next time.

Bluetooth is good, but a proper wireless dongle setup will provide a better experience as you get better polling through a custom dongle. I use an MX Master as noted above, which has a dongle which sits no more than about 5mm proud of the chassis, enough to grip and pull out but not enough leverage to move it if knocked sideways.

A lot of Logitech wireless mice use the same dongle so worth keeping an eye open for.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A lot of Logitech wireless mice use the same dongle so worth keeping an eye open for.
It IS a Logitech wireless mouse, and TBH, it probably only does stick out by about 5mm... I will just have to try to be less clumsy.

At least this time, I remembered to stash the dongle inside the mouse (and turn the mouse off) before heading off on holiday with the laptop.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
It IS a Logitech wireless mouse, and TBH, it probably only does stick out by about 5mm... I will just have to try to be less clumsy.

At least this time, I remembered to stash the dongle inside the mouse (and turn the mouse off) before heading off on holiday with the laptop.

You mean you didn't take the mouse?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You mean you didn't take the mouse?

... AND the mouse! :okay:

I used the laptop with a wired mouse for a year or two but I once almost wrecked the laptop by accidentally pulling the mouse cable when standing up, so I decided to go wireless. (I always use my laptop actually on my lap because I can't use a desk any more due to swelling problems with my DVT-damaged left leg.)

Top Bottom