BMJ Journal Poll on helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 1477055"]
Yeah, but my mate fell off and his head would have split into a million tiny pieces if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, you should see the crack in it.
[/quote]

Cycle Helmet Ad.png

Oh yes they (the BMA - the BMJ is their journal) are.

Unfortunately most people including many politicians don't realise they are not a medical body but a doctors' Trade Union.

It's normal for decision makers to ask people their opinions ...

... and if you don't like the answer, ask again.

And then stop when you get the answer you want.

I can see this revolutionary departure from evidence based medicine implemented by the BMJ as having far reaching implications. We no longer need expensive clinical drug trials, just a vox pop poll on whether a new drug should be allowed or not.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2nd draft

You think it's a running joke. I think you're bunch of chinless twats, with not enough to do. You don't give a flying **** at a rolling doughnut that 8000 people die of falls in the home, you neither know nor care that a simple change in the Building Regulations would glass injuries by half, you don't give a monkeys about hospital borne infections and you're too scared to think that all too many GPs are halfwits who couldn't diagnose their way out of a ****ing paper bag. Your readers lead a life of pampered luxury at the taxpayer's expense, dispensing solecisms that would look lightweight in a Christmas cracker and you have nothing better to do than take your 'I'm scared of cyclists' problem for a walk in your sad little excuse for a journal. Statins for cash? Not bothered. Contraceptive implants. You don't give a toss. MRSA? Can't even be troubled to wash your hands. But when it comes to telling people what to do, you're like a ****ing rash. Half a glass of Pinot a day, ladies, or you'll go mental. Shift the weight, porky, or sing for your hip op. Give up fags or get the **** out of my surgery.

Don't, please, send me e-mails from your home addresses telling me that you ride a bike to work, because I'm not ****ing interested. You publish this shoot, so you take the heat. **** off.

There's a 'cut' missing before glass. Perhaps a to$$ers before the final full stop and if you can lob in something about the GMC being a toothless bunch of cronies which need replacing by a watchdog .........

Richard Mann

[QUOTE 1477055"]
Yeah, but my mate fell off and his head would have split into a million tiny pieces if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, you should see the crack in it.
[/quote]

What was he (or she) doing that led to them falling off? It's a serious point - the reason for compulsion is that people think that "all cycling is dangerous". It isn't.

I think we need to deflect the call for compulsion into consideration of the activities that create the problems:

So make it illegal to cycle at more than 20mph without a helmet (oh sorry officer, was I really doing more than 20...?). And illegal to drive at more than 20mph within 1.5m of a cyclist or pedestrian.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 1477072"]
I wish I was in time to get one of those bike stickers.

The ones that said "RIDE A F***ING BIKE."

Can we make/order some more?

[/quote]

theclaud has one on her bike, I'd never seen one before, absolutely fab. Mickle had something to do with them I understand. I'd be in for a couple.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 1477075"]
Yes. Claud was showing it off on the Bognor ride. Looked well good. Reckon we should chase it up.
[/quote]

Not being a master of the written word, I did wonder whether it should be 'F***ing ride a bike' as opposed to 'Ride a F***ing bike' please could somebody put me out of my misery on the subtle difference ....

Top Bottom