BMJ Journal Poll on helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the BMJ journal is having yet another 'let's make helmets compulsory' poll

http://www.bmj. com/

it's a running joke, but I'm getting tired of it

fgodlee@bmj.com, jsmith@bmj.com, tdelamothe@bmj.com, tgroves@bmj.com, tjackson@bmj.com, dpayne@bmj.com, gjones@bmj.com, scook@bmj.com, hmacdonald@bmj.com, tgroves@bmj.com, aburke@bmj.com, kfister@bmj.com, eloder@bmj.com, cmartyn@bmj.com, kpatrick@bmj.com, groggla@bmj.com, atonks@bmj.com, awalker@bmj.com, wweber@bmj.com, dmacauley@bmj.com, aferriman@bmj.com, zkmietowicz@bmj.com, dcohen@bmj.com, kpatrick@bmj.com, mchew@bmj.com, trichards@bmj.com, sdavies@bmj.com, tjackson@bmj.com, rcoombes@bmj.com, sschroter@bmj.com, plapsley@bmj.com, dpayne@bmj.com, btwisselmann@bmj.com, jdobson@bmj.com, ldillner@bmj.com, smalik@bmj.com, rhurley@bmj.com, jwalker@bmj.com, adichiara@bmj.com, vfletcher@bmj.com, lbanham@bmj.com, jannis@bmj.com, mbutler@bmj.com, scarter@bmj.com, mcooter@bmj.com, gcotton@bmj.com, cgriffith@bmj.com, epayne@bmj.com, ksharrock@bmj.com, bsquire@bmj.com, jthompson@bmj.com, aberger@bmj.com, hmarcovitch@bmjgroup.com, dkamerow@yahoo.com, jburrell@bmj.com, eking@bmj.com, sminns@bmj.com, jmayor@bmj.com, edavies@bmj.com, hjaques@bmj.com, studenteditor@bmj.com, are the contact e-mail addresses for the BMJ. Feel free to put them straight.

For what it's worth, this is my draft e-mail

You think it's a running joke. I think you're bunch of chinless twats, with not enough to do. You don't give a flying **** at a rolling doughnut that 8000 people die of falls in the home, you neither know nor care that a simple change in the Building Regulations would glass injuries by half, (cutting plastic surgery department time dramatically), you don't give a monkeys about hospital borne infections and you're too scared to think that most GPs are halfwits that couldn't diagnose their way out of a ****ing paper bag. Your readers lead a life of pampered luxury at the taxpayer's expense, dispensing solecisms that would look lightweight in a Christmas cracker and you have nothing better to do than take your 'I'm scared of cyclists' problem for a walk in your sad little excuse for a journal.

Don't, please, send me e-mails from your home addresses telling me that you ride a bike to work, because I'm not ****ing interested. You publish this shoot, so you take the abuse. **** off.

Simon Legg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Do you not reckon you could beef it up a bit, maybe throw in some swears?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I wouldn't worry:

a) The BMJ are hardly influential enough to affect a change in public policy
b) The poll is currently running at 68% No

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh yes they (the BMA - the BMJ is their journal) are.

I disagree. They are certainly influential in shaping GP and hospital policy, but they often bang on at the government to introduce some legislation or other (some of it even backed up by proper evidence!) and I don't think they have had much success.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh - but they have. When you start to look closely at health care policy in the UK, you can see how much of it is influenced by the BMA. Each time a new directive from the Department of Health lands on my desk, you can usually see the BMA's fingerprints all over it.

Unfortunately, no government has had the balls to take on the BMA. Margaret Thatcher came close to it but left office before she had a chance to give them a kicking.

Point taken. I really can't see them having success in this area though, as it's only tangentially a healthcare issue.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
[QUOTE 1477055"]
Yeah, but my mate fell off and his head would have split into a million tiny pieces if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, you should see the crack in it.
[/quote]

The helmet held his cracked head together? :tongue:

[QUOTE 1477055"]
Yeah, but my mate fell off and his head would have split into a million tiny pieces if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, you should see the crack in it.
[/quote]

I have this image of a helmet with all the vents stuffed with white powder!

Top Bottom