BMJ Journal Poll on helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Yes, why does he always seem to sit on the fence with these issues.

Well if he's going to sit on the fence.......he better be wearing a helmet; he might fall off and smash his head into a million tiny pieces!:eek:

disclaimer: fence sitting is so much more dangerous than cycling

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
https://www.cyclechat.net/

You don't have a Telegraph journalist among your friends, by any chance Dellers?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
And in the Standard. Congrats to someone for a publicity coup

Zoiders

Of course the BMJ are going to bandy this tosh about - it's about selling their profession as something romantic and dashing, as if every doctor spends his or her working day up to their elbows in blood in an A&E department desperately racing against time to peice together broken cyclists.

Of course thats rubbish, it's like Firefighters, most are never really going to encounter the Towering Inferno but it pays for them to put forward that impression.

Of course the BMJ are going to bandy this tosh about - it's about selling their profession as something romantic and dashing, as if every doctor spends his or her working day up to their elbows in blood in an A&E department desperately racing against time to peice together broken cyclists.

I thought they were up to their elbows in egg yolk doing Kings Men impersonations.

Cycle Helmet Ad.png

snorri

Legendary Member
Of course the BMJ are going to bandy this tosh about

Reading the blogs on the BMJ website would suggest BMJ members are much like the rest of the population, some haven't a clue and still feel qualified to express their opinions, and some have taken the trouble to seek out some facts before speaking out.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
..interesting. Replied to a comment on the Indi site and it seems to have been removed for "breach of guidelines". I dont remember being derogatory, infact I even agreed to some point with the person who's point I disagreed with.. if you get me (eg James Cracknell IS a legend, but he's wrong on cycle helmets)

Jezston

Über Member
Reading the blogs on the BMJ website would suggest BMJ members are much like the rest of the population, some haven't a clue and still feel qualified to express their opinions, and some have taken the trouble to seek out some facts before speaking out.

My flatmate is a medic, and most of his friends work in the medical profession. They do often have rather elevated confidence in their opinions. You should hear them argue.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
when you think this through it's turned out extraordinarily well.

- BMJ organises poll
- LCC hears of it and LCC members vote against in a big way
- poll result against compulsion
- mainstream media reports poll as if it was a doctor's poll, not a bunch of cyclists jumping up and down on the BMJ's bones

so, job done. I have to say that the LCC has got a lot sprightlier of late. Taken with the Blackfriars Bridge demo, they've had a really good week

benb

Evidence based cyclist

- BMJ organises poll
- mainstream media reports poll as if it was a doctor's poll, not a bunch of cyclists jumping up and down on the BMJ's bones

so, job done. I have to say that the LCC has got a lot sprightlier of late. Taken with the Blackfriars Bridge demo, they've had a really good week

We should get them to do a poll on shared use paths next!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

- BMJ organises poll

Both the LCC website and their e-newsletter are worth reading for non-Londoners imo. Always some interesting info or perspective to be found.

Top Bottom