BMX GIRO CABLE HELP PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

My son has just been given a GT BMX with the front brake removed and the rear brake not working due to a broken cable. The break in the cable is in the brake lever to giro three way cable which seems as if it has been made as one, is this likely to be the case? I was hoping for a cheap fix as he already has a jump bike. I tried fitting standard v brakes to the missing front brake only to find that the pivot spacing was completely different. I then thought I know I'll take the giro off and put a straight cable all the way through only to realise the rear brake is operated by two cables.

Many thanks for your help

It's easy to replace the Giro twin cables with a single if there's a cable stop somewhere. You'll need a short straddle cable and a 'straddle hanger'. Just like a tradish canti set-up We have a million spares if you'd like me stick one in the mail.

OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
That's the ones Landslide U brakes until looking at this one I had never seen them before, one of the local kids tells me he has bmx without wheels I can have, fingers crossed It may have the same brakes. I always end up fixing the local kids bikes (all my lads mates) so they tend to help me out if they can.

Thanks for the offer Mickle much appreciated; hopefully this bike will have enough parts for me to make good use of.

Thanks for both you help.

Top Bottom