Boardman CX Pro 2011 - road tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Jongbloet

Hi,

I have a Boardman CX Pro 2011 and for road riding and potentially taking part in a few events I'm thinking of putting some road tyres on in place of the CX tyres. I'm not looking to spend mad amounts.

Can anyone suggest which would be a good fit, and what tyre size I'd need to fit the wheels on my Boardman?

Cheers

lejogger

Guru
Hi,

I have a Boardman CX Pro 2011 and for road riding and potentially taking part in a few events I'm thinking of putting some road tyres on in place of the CX tyres. I'm not looking to spend mad amounts.

Can anyone suggest which would be a good fit, and what tyre size I'd need to fit the wheels on my Boardman?

Cheers

Your link is to the Team rather than the Pro. I think you probably mean Team as I don't think the Pro is available in many places is it? Either way, you can slap anything you like on there within reason.

I have the same bike for commuting and touring and I've used 25mm Schwalbe Marathon, 23mm Conti 4 seasons and 23mm Michelin krylion carbons with no issues. It all depends on what type of events you're going to be doing.

OP
OP
Mike Jongbloet

Mike Jongbloet

I do mean the Team, good spot!

OK great so the rims will support the thinner tyre without an issue? Apologies, I'm not massively up to speed on the technicalities of the bike build and all its components!

lejogger

Guru
Yeah i've ridden on 23mm for a year now and there's no issue with the rims. Obviously you do sacrifice some comfort at that width though.

I use mine for club riding in the winter so thought I would need something faster and lighter than the marathon but this winter I have thought about going back to something with a bit more puncture protection. I've been very impressed with the Michelin so far though so maybe I won't have to.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Was about to ask something similar as my Revolution Cross came with Maxxis Raze 700x33 tyres, not a common size as far as I can tell. Only been riding it since May and back tyre getting worn and have had two visits from the P fairy this week already. Will have to invest in tyres with more protection.

Top Bottom