Boardman electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unfortunately @bike i think it is rider error/something on the road as I’ve just looked up the specs and schwalbe g-one tyres are mid range and are fitted OEM.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yeah that’s what I mean and the front wheel was tiny buckle does that matter

disc wheels are not as critical for wheel trueness as rim brakes as the braking surface is the disc, that said its better to have it true if you can .A bike shop should be able to fix it hopefully by adjusting spoke tension cheap enough and even straighten the bars if you do not have the tools/ time or aptitude .

cyberknight

Do u think the bars look correct please confirm

looking at the brake shifters , is that what you mean ?
the right one does look like its twisted on the bars , shouldnt affect function but you can either find the bolt under the rubber cover and loosen then straighten or get Neanderthal and just bash it a bit by hand till its straight .

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Can you confirm the brand of tyre?
If Schwalbe G-One then they are pretty good tyres, were you going too fast?

Bars look ok although the angle of the photo isn’t great. Post a pick dead centre with the top tube, stem and tyre all in line.

OP
OP
J

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
Hard to tell from the pictures do you mean the bars are not in line with the tyre?
if so its a fairly easy job to straighten them by loosening the bolts that hold the stem to the fork and twisting the bars till they are in line with the fork , dont forget to re-tighten !
bolt "d"
View attachment 703970

Do I use a Alan key to loosen my bars

Bars look ok although the angle of the photo isn’t great. Post a pick dead centre with the top tube, stem and tyre all in line.

Question are them bars ment to bend inwords when riding please confirm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 23

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bit like workman and tools @bike . Nothing inherently wrong with Boardman and their tyres you just need to be mindful of road conditions. In the wet particularly when it's just started raining the diesel and tyre particles aren't getting washed away yet so you need to take extra care especially where you might be leaning the bike over a bit in a corner.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
There are two types of cyclists.
1. Those that have fallen off their bike.
2. Those that haven’t fallen off their bike yet.

Your tyres are not the problem, it was most likely your riding style or a something on the road surface that caused your fall. It happens.

As for any damage that maybe on your bike, get it checked by a professional if you’re not sure what you’re doing.

Last edited:

cyberknight

There are two types of cyclists.
1. Those that have fallen off their bike.
2. Those that haven’t fallen off their bike yet.

Your tyres are not the problem, it was most likely your riding style or a something on the road surface that caused your fall. It happens.

As for any damage that maybe on your bike, get it checked by a professional if you’re not sure what you’re doing.

i second this,
if your not sure then take it somewhere where they can sort it out .

Top Bottom