Boardman electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
Good after I would just like to point out that Boardman electric bike tyres are rubbish in wet conditions I came off my one this morning on the way to work has any else experienced this please comfrim thank you

Sorry - do you mean actual Boardman branded tyres - or the tyres they put on the e-bikes?

if the tyres on the bikes - do you know what make they are??

And

Are you OK??

more importantly - is the bike OK!!!

OP
OP
J

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
The tyres they put on it yeah I’m ok just bit worried right side of the grips was bent in so I pulled them out and when I’m sat on the bike the bar looks a bit off line I do land in a ditch would I have damaged my forks and frame

Good after I would just like to point out that Boardman electric bike tyres are rubbish in wet conditions I came off my one this morning on the way to work has any else experienced this please comfrim thank you

I hope you and your bike are ok.

Most manufacturers skimp on something to meet a price point. In this case it looks to be the tyres if they are something like the Schwalbe Citizen K-Guard which retail for around £15-20?

Before you can blame the tyres - When you say come off, how did it happen? Was there a pot hole in the road, were you turning and the bike slipped, was there excessive mud or perhaps diesel/fuel on the road? My last off was a tack that I rode over and the bike fell straight over as the wheel blew out, nothing could have stopped it apart from not riding!

I’d had other instances where I’ve over cooked a bend by coming in too fast and when I’ve braked during the corner I’ve felt the bike slide but as I knew I’d made a mistake I was ready for the bike to potentially slide and could correct it; the tyres weren’t at fault, it was me!

OP
OP
J

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
Thinking about I did what u did I think my sending you a picture of my bike tell me if anything lookes bent

OP
OP
J

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
Thinking about I did what u did I think my sending you a picture of my bike tell me if anything lookes bent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 43

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As said above there are many factors especially in the wet , diesel can be slippy as can white lines .Tyres even the best can be less grippy in poor conditions and its a learning curve about how much you can push it on bends.
Sure cheap tyres can be a bit pants and i hope you and the bike are ok .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hard to tell from the pictures do you mean the bars are not in line with the tyre?
if so its a fairly easy job to straighten them by loosening the bolts that hold the stem to the fork and twisting the bars till they are in line with the fork , dont forget to re-tighten !
bolt "d"
1693067640141.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jet73

Formerly known as bike
Yeah that’s what I mean and the front wheel was tiny buckle does that matter

Top Bottom