Boardman Hybrid Pro 2009/10 large

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
NOW SOLD

Well, that time has come to let go of my beloved Boardman Hybrid Pro. Bought in late summer 2009 it's a 2010 spec bike, see below.

Size large it'll fit from 5'9"/10" upwards.
brochureandbike023.jpg

If you don't already know these are superb bikes, very well equipped, light (I've weighed it, and it's 10kg), fast, responsive, sporty. The name Hybrid doesn't really do them justice.... think flat bar road bike and you get far more of an idea of what these can do. This one's set up for speed, but a friend of mine has his set up with fat 32mm treaded tyres... so they're versatile as well.

The frame is a triple-butted alu alloy. (current models have a heftier frame than this one) It's stiff, but carbon forks take the buzz out of the ride. The Ritchey Comp wheelset is just superb, with silky smooth disc specific hubs, lightweight rims. I've put 25mm Bontrager Race-Lite Hardcase tyres on and haven't suffered any air free incidents with them. The rear has done a few months, but the front is virtually brand new. brochureandbike038.jpg brochureandbike036.jpg

Truvative Elita compact chainset 50/36 (I have a spare 34T Stronglight inner ring which can be included in the sale) and a SRAM PG950 11-32 cassette gives incredibly versatile gearing. It has a virtually brand new SRAM PC971 chain ( I swap them at .75%).
brochureandbike056.jpg
brochureandbike030.jpg

Front shifters are SRAM X7, very positive and slick shifting, with a Shimano 9spd front mech and a SRAM X9 rear mech. I've just put brand new cables on, inner and outer, so the gears are spot-on.
brochureandbike039.jpg

Brakes are Avid Elixir R. Light, very powerful and reliable in all weather.... the ultimate commuter set-up. New pads in the front and loads of life left in the rear.
brochureandbike049.jpg

Finishing kit is all quality Ritchey stuff. The stem is 100mm and flippable, with plenty of room on the stack to find a set-up to suit your style.
brochureandbike052.jpg

The saddle is firm and supportive. It's the original which has seen very few miles as I swapped it out for a Charge.

It isn't mint, it's been used as a commuter bike, but I look after my bikes and keep them spotless. I've just stripped it and serviced it, so it's in as good a condition as could be expected. It carries a few scars in the paint especially on the chainstays (which is notoriously soft on Boardmans) which I've tried to show in the photos.
brochureandbike059.jpg There is a wee bit of cable rub on the top of the fork, but I've helitaped and added zip-tie guides. brochureandbike053.jpg

These are selling at over £500 on fleabay, and that's where it'll go if there's no interest on here.
I'm asking for £475 with a basic pair of cage pedals (I've lost the originals!) or I can come to a buyer's arrangement over the PD A520s pictured or a pair of Eggbeaters. I'll even throw in the Bikemate Wireless computer
brochureandbike054.jpg

Attachments

• brochureandbike023.jpg
    brochureandbike023.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
  • brochureandbike038.jpg
    brochureandbike038.jpg
  • brochureandbike036.jpg
    brochureandbike036.jpg
  • brochureandbike056.jpg
    brochureandbike056.jpg
  • brochureandbike030.jpg
    brochureandbike030.jpg
  • brochureandbike039.jpg
    brochureandbike039.jpg
  • brochureandbike049.jpg
    brochureandbike049.jpg
  • brochureandbike052.jpg
    brochureandbike052.jpg
  • brochureandbike059.jpg
    brochureandbike059.jpg
  • brochureandbike053.jpg
    brochureandbike053.jpg
  • brochureandbike054.jpg
    brochureandbike054.jpg
OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
I ought to point out that those stone chips I've shown are on the UNDERSIDE of the chainstay. It has a chip on the underside of the top tube, and a couple of scratches from other people's pedals in the bike rack on the downtube.
brochureandbike031.jpg
brochureandbike034.jpg

All of these are superficial. This bike is ready to ride. All the consumables are new or brand new, so it isn't going to need any maintenance or new parts in the foreseeable future. It's got new gear cables, tyres, brakepads, chain, the drivetrain isn't worn. It's set up ready to go.

I'll reduce the price to sensible offers around £450, but I promise you won't find a better example of this bike unless it's one that's been mothballed instead of ridden.

Did I say it was clean?
brochureandbike044.jpg

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
What wheels are on it?

Do you reckon the frame & wheels can take a rear child carrier?
The wheels are Richey OCR disc 700c. They came with 28mm tyres, which I've swapped to 25mm. A mate of mine does a few paths on the way to work and put 32mm on his.

It has rack bosses on the seatstays, but I don't have enough knowledge of the stresses involved to recommend whether a child carrier would be a good idea. It's a 10kg alloy bike with a sporty character if that helps?
brochureandbike065.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm glad I have no current need, that would be irresistable otherwise....even if it was only to get it muddy and post up the pics to frighten Cubist :biggrin:

Tis a good deal indeed

400bhp

Guru
The wheels are Richey OCR disc 700c. They came with 28mm tyres, which I've swapped to 25mm. A mate of mine does a few paths on the way to work and put 32mm on his.

It has rack bosses on the seatstays, but I don't have enough knowledge of the stresses involved to recommend whether a child carrier would be a good idea. It's a 10kg alloy bike with a sporty character if that helps?
brochureandbike065.jpg

Thanks - I wouldn't risk a childs seat with 700 Richey's :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
[QUOTE 1721330, member: 45"]How tall are you Cubist?[/quote]
I'm a smidge under 6'0" with a 33/34" inside leg.
[QUOTE 1721332, member: 45"]Oh, and could you get mudguards on the front over that disc brake?[/quote]
I did. you need some p clips ...... in fact I have some to throw in with the deal.

Top Bottom