Boardman Road Sport frame internal brake cable grommets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TK421

Casual Extremist
As the title says, Boardman Road Sport frame grommets for the rear brake cable which passes through the frame are required for my build project and I am wondering where can I get some? And what exactly are they called?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
As the title says, Boardman Road Sport frame grommets for the rear brake cable which passes through the frame are required for my build project and I am wondering where can I get some? And what exactly are they called?

I'd start by asking Boardman or your local halfords, they might have some in the "workshop"

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the 5 mm ones look about right to me
https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/cable-stops
1665075721943.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I run a spare outer over the run of inner that is in the frame, and then run the new inner back down the outer, and remove the spare outer once done! :okay: You can stick your £40 kit where the sun don't shine.

I will caveat that with the rear brake cable run on the Bianchi has enough room once grommet removed to pop a pair of tweres in to pick up the cable at the end of the top tube, so that's less of a faff.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I run a spare outer over the run of inner that is in the frame, and then run the new inner back down the outer, and remove the spare outer once done! :okay: You can stick your £40 kit where the sun don't shine.

I will caveat that with the rear brake cable run on the Bianchi has enough room once grommet removed to pop a pair of tweres in to pick up the cable at the end of the top tube, so that's less of a faff.

i think thats ok if you already have an inner cable but i think in this case there isnt anything through the frame currently ? especially if you are going to spray the frame anyway .
If the frame in question is like mine you cant run an outer through the frame anyway without removing the cable end stops as the hole is just big enough through the end stop for the inner .

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Sorry for the absence. Amazon has let me down 2 days in a row so I have turned to Ebay for some Jagwire cable stops as found by @cyberknight . Will see how they go. Seriously considering getting some electrical cable grommets and running both cables (inner and outer) through the frame. Not completely sure that it would work, I could see things moving and a lack of tension. Any thoughts? In the mean time I have some derailleurs to connect up. :wahhey:

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
While fettling the crankset from Truvativ to Shimano I found these little beauties....
20221008_174212~2.jpg

They are off the old Tarmac frame but don't ask me where. They fit reasonably well and do the job so now I don't have to wait for the jagwire pair in the post. There is a picture of the finished installation in my project thread.

Top Bottom