Boardman road team frame size

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Johnym, 21 Aug 2012.

1. Johnym

Johnym Active Member

I need help as to which size boardman to get before I order my bike.

I'm 6 foot tall and currently ride a 58 cube peloton. This seems perfect for me but was told cube frames are generally smaller in size.

The large and xlarge are 55.5 and 57.5. Do they tend to be a normal size?

I'm going into shop after work to test but would prefer advice from you lot :-)

2. Carbon

Carbon Senior Member

Hi, I rode a Boardman Team Carbon for a couple of years, I'm 5' 11" and Medium was spot on for me so I would guess Large would be the most you would want to look at.

3. Garz

Garz Squat Member

I would say a large too.

4. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

i have the boardman team and im 6ft tall and i went for a large frame perfect fit.....

5. lejogger

lejogger Über Member

Yup... I have the 2010 Team Carbon and the 2011 Team CX both in Large. I'm 6ft.

6. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

7. OP
    OP
    Johnym

Johnym Active Member

Thanks everyone. Went to shop and tried the large and xl. Large was perfect for me.

Bike is on order and I collect it Friday, hope it's worth the swap after all the problems with the cube.

8. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

i have a cube GTC race as well as the 2012 boardman team,and TBH the boardman is as good if not a better ride.i would highly recommend the boardman range to anybody as they really are excellent bike's IMO:wahhey:

9. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

Did you get the team carbon or the team?

10. OP
    OP
    Johnym

Johnym Active Member

Thanks mate, that's good to know as I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice to return the Cube after all the problems I've had with it. Halfords setting it up is my main concern now.

11. OP
    OP
    Johnym

Johnym Active Member

Got the team. Was through C2W and Halfords wouldn't upgrade even after 6 months of hassle with the Cube. I'm confident it is still a very good bike tho?

12. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

Make sure you check the bike thoroughly before taking away,and tell them your going to give it a road test....
    I had a BB issue after 4 miles into the first ride,turns out that the bearings were bone dry.
    According to the inspection safety certificate you get with the bike the BB is supposed to be checked...:banghead:

13. Robeh

Robeh Senior Member

minimal weight difference between the team and team carbon,a few hundred pounds more for the carbon..

14. OP
    OP
    Johnym

Johnym Active Member

I asked they lad in shop about any known problems and he was honest enough to say that they have had issues with the bb not being greased, so hopefully he will check it

15. OP
    OP
    Johnym

Johnym Active Member

Do you have either of the bikes, if so how do you rate them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice