Boardman road team frame size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

I asked they lad in shop about any known problems and he was honest enough to say that they have had issues with the bb not being greased, so hopefully he will check it
Given the issues halfords are fully aware of,they should make a point of greasing the BB.
But i guess its down to how good the store is.
That aside the bike is a excelent buy and worth the 1k price tag.
Out off 10 i would rate it 9,it would be difficult to find better for the money.
Bikeradar give it excelent reviews as do cycling weekly...

Robeh

wouldn't upgrade even after 6 months of hassle with the Cube
what problems did you have with the cube??

OP
OP
J

Johnym

what problems did you have with the cube??

Where do I start. In the six months I've had it I've had three sets of wheels due to a known issue with the Easton aero wheels. Spokes kept popping and wheel going out of true. They were replaced with a set of dt Swiss which were spot on.

The bearings in the stem needed replacing due to an issue with the initial a setup.

Then finally the crank failed and needed replacing.

All these issues were repaired but it took many a return to store and the bike being returned to supplier on three occasions, seat and bars damaged in transit.

I accept things brake but this bike was jinxed, a lot of people on here love there Cube but I decided enough was enough and shop were good enough to replace bike.

Robeh

Where do I start. In the six months I've had it I've had three sets of wheels due to a known issue with the Easton aero wheels. Spokes kept popping and wheel going out of true. They were replaced with a set of dt Swiss which were spot on.

The bearings in the stem needed replacing due to an issue with the initial a setup.

Then finally the crank failed and needed replacing.

All these issues were repaired but it took many a return to store and the bike being returned to supplier on three occasions, seat and bars damaged in transit.

I accept things brake but this bike was jinxed, a lot of people on here love there Cube but I decided enough was enough and shop were good enough to replace bike.
Blimey wish i hadnt asked :hugs:
looks like you were very unlucky,i haven't had any problems with my cube gtc race TBH
which cube peloton did you have?

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Blimey wish i hadnt asked :hugs:
looks like you were very unlucky,i haven't had any problems with my cube gtc race TBH
which cube peloton did you have?

Yeh think I was unlucky because I've not seen many complaints on here. It was the Race.

How do you find your GTC, looks a lovely bike

Robeh

Yeh think I was unlucky because I've not seen many complaints on here. It was the Race.

How do you find your GTC, looks a lovely bike
excellent bike ive only had it since may,lightweight very responsive....
But the boardman is on a par with it TBH

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Your getting me excited for picking it up tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather forecast is terrible for the whole weekend.

Robeh

have you got the bike?:thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

Johnym

have you got the bike?:thumbsup:

Picked it up tonight after work :-). Was allowed to keep my DT Swiss wheels too so have a set of Aksiums as spare :-).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345848324.108537.jpg

Top Bottom