Boardman road team frame size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnym

I need help as to which size boardman to get before I order my bike.

I'm 6 foot tall and currently ride a 58 cube peloton. This seems perfect for me but was told cube frames are generally smaller in size.

The large and xlarge are 55.5 and 57.5. Do they tend to be a normal size?

I'm going into shop after work to test but would prefer advice from you lot :-)

Carbon

Veteran
Hi, I rode a Boardman Team Carbon for a couple of years, I'm 5' 11" and Medium was spot on for me so I would guess Large would be the most you would want to look at.

Robeh

I need help as to which size boardman to get before I order my bike.

I'm 6 foot tall and currently ride a 58 cube peloton. This seems perfect for me but was told cube frames are generally smaller in size.

The large and xlarge are 55.5 and 57.5. Do they tend to be a normal size?

I'm going into shop after work to test but would prefer advice from you lot :-)
i have the boardman team and im 6ft tall and i went for a large frame perfect fit.....

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Thanks everyone. Went to shop and tried the large and xl. Large was perfect for me.

Bike is on order and I collect it Friday, hope it's worth the swap after all the problems with the cube.

Robeh

Bike is on order and I collect it Friday, hope it's worth the swap after all the problems with the cube.
i have a cube GTC race as well as the 2012 boardman team,and TBH the boardman is as good if not a better ride.i would highly recommend the boardman range to anybody as they really are excellent bike's IMO:wahhey:

Robeh

Thanks everyone. Went to shop and tried the large and xl. Large was perfect for me.

Did you get the team carbon or the team?

OP
OP
J

Johnym

i have a cube GTC race as well as the 2012 boardman team,and TBH the boardman is as good if not a better ride.i would highly recommend the boardman range to anybody as they really are excellent bike's IMO:wahhey:

Thanks mate, that's good to know as I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice to return the Cube after all the problems I've had with it. Halfords setting it up is my main concern now.

Robeh

Thanks mate, that's good to know as I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice to return the Cube after all the problems I've had with it. Halfords setting it up is my main concern now.
Make sure you check the bike thoroughly before taking away,and tell them your going to give it a road test....
I had a BB issue after 4 miles into the first ride,turns out that the bearings were bone dry.
According to the inspection safety certificate you get with the bike the BB is supposed to be checked...:banghead:

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Make sure you check the bike thoroughly before taking away,and tell them your going to give it a road test....
I had a BB issue after 4 miles into the first ride,turns out that the bearings were bone dry.
According to the inspection safety certificate you get with the bike the BB is supposed to be checked...:banghead:

I asked they lad in shop about any known problems and he was honest enough to say that they have had issues with the bb not being greased, so hopefully he will check it

Top Bottom