Boardman SC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just got my cycle to work voucher at last and i was planning to buy a Specialized Langster but the voucher can only be used at Halfords.They stock Boardman SC's only.Has anyone got one or know how good od bad they are.
Much appreciate any feedback as now i want to join the "club" !

colinr

Halfords should be able to get a Langster in if you have your heart set on one, worth asking. I've not heard anything about the Boardman but all the others Boardmans are good so don't see why this wouldn't be.

Black knight

I have a Boardman SC.

First proper bike so not much to compare with but certainly no problems with it. Very happy overall...though I went to a Halfords further afield as my local one is staffed by lazy scrotes.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
GregCollins said:
Pick your branch with care and you'll get a well setup fantastic bike. I love my Boardman HT Pro MTB
Cheers for that,must admit i am not to keen on Halfords after what i have read on here but i have one across the road from work so lets hope they are good.

shorttrips

seems fine to me

Got a Boardman SC in the BTW scheme so as to have something more fun than the heavy hub geared bike. I only cycle a few miles to work but it is more fun, people still overtake me but not so many. My knee did hurt a lot at first but was partly helped by raising saddle and is toughening up.
I fitted the crud gaurds and they are fine so far. Also a cheap speedo so I can see I am getting faster. Bike is very good for swerving around holes in the road and accelerating around buses. I am 1.80 tall and I think the large, which I have, is a bit small for me. If tall you may need the XL which is special order so they are reluctant to get.
My next target is to do some longer distances and see if I can manage a run with the local club.

bauldbairn

skudupnorth said:
Like a cat on a hot roof now !!! Going down to experience the Halfords experience and see if they can get me sorted with my first fixed,wish me luck !!!!

How'd you get on then? :eek:

I've got a Boardman Pro and like it - almost as much as GregCollins likes his CB MTB Pro. :eek: - :ohmy:

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just ordered it today ! Finally went to Halfords at White City near that Old Trafford football ground thingy and can say they were good to deal with.Pick it up next Saturday along with a twin child trailer,Crud guards and a new lock after my nearly new one went west on a road somewhere !
Role on next Saturday when i will keep you all posted with pictures of course !
Three bikes and counting !!! Just as well the garage is car free because the two wheeled invasion is filling it !

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
skudupnorth said:
Just ordered it today ! Finally went to Halfords at White City near that Old Trafford football ground thingy and can say they were good to deal with.Pick it up next Saturday along with a twin child trailer,Crud guards and a new lock after my nearly new one went west on a road somewhere !
Role on next Saturday when i will keep you all posted with pictures of course !
Three bikes and counting !!! Just as well the garage is car free because the two wheeled invasion is filling it !

At least Halfords won't be able to f### up the indexing when they set it up :ohmy:

Would like to see pics as this might well be on my shopping list :biggrin:

Top Bottom