boardman slr 8.6 tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get one of these?
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tools/var-tyre-levers/
or take to bike shop?

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe you could try heating the tyre with a hairdryer to make it more supple? Unless you’re ok to wait a week for delivery?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'll use a couple of sturdy stainless steel dessert spoons out of the cutlery drawer, if I need to dismount a stubborn tyre that the cheap plastic puncture kit type of tyre levers is struggling to remove. The only downside is improvised levers tend to launch themselves if you don't keep hold of them properly.

Gunk

Guru
I'll use a couple of sturdy stainless steel dessert spoons out of the cutlery drawer, if I need to dismount a stubborn tyre that the cheap plastic puncture kit type of tyre levers is struggling to remove. The only downside is improvised levers tend to launch themselves if you don't keep hold of them properly.

When we were kids our cutlery drawer was full of bent teaspoons :whistle:

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
When we were kids our cutlery draw was full of bent teaspoons :whistle:

After getting the odd thick ear for bending them, I soon learned to use the largest, sturdiest ones in the drawer and return them before my mum realised what I'd been using them for. I've now got a couple of odd ones that I've picked up from somewhere (likely dumped) that I've cut the spoon end off and just use them as levers.

Top Bottom