Boardman team carbon 2014 advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Join British cycling and get 10% off

Buying a bike with no rear wheel seems odd??

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Go and check out the current bike in a 53 and see if it is right. Nice bike.

OP
OP
M

Matt12345

Yes i know apparently they lost it. I think I am going to go with them fitting a new one from the store for the £630 with the 10% British cycling discount then upgrade the wheels together.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have never seen a bike for sale before with only one wheel!
I guess maybe second hand....
EDIT: Typed at the same time as above comment.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Halfords have a few 2014 bikes knocking around. I just got a Boardman FS Pro 650B for £1k after I got them to knock another £200 off the sale price as it had a couple of scratches (which it's gonna get as soon as I take it off road). It was a £1,600 bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes i know apparently they lost it. I think I am going to go with them fitting a new one from the store for the £630 with the 10% British cycling discount then upgrade the wheels together.
You mean they stole the bike without the rear wheel? Or you mean halfords lost the wheel??

Why do you need to upgrade the wheels?

OP
OP
M

Matt12345

Just went to see it seems to be in ok condition and I bought him down to £360 for the bike without the rear wheel and cassette etc but will need to get it all serviced and gears/brakes tuned.

vickster

Legendary Member
They should still do a PDI / check over surely?

The only time they don't is if you take it away in a box

OP
OP
M

Matt12345

I have no idea, they have just called me again saying that they have found a rear wheel in stock for the bike and will put it on there for me and set up for £450. If it was any other bike I would have said no and taken my business else where but for £450 for a carbon framed bike it is hard to say no.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you checked the frame over with a fine tooth comb? I'd be wary of a bike that's been knocking around a halfords with no wheel for two years

What warranty are they offering with the bike

The extra £90 is for wheel and cassette and full set up presumably

What's so special about this carbon bike?

Top Bottom