Boardman Team - entry bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Just been out bike shopping with my brother and we ended up in Halfords looking at the Boardman Team road bike. My brother wanted to spend up to £500 on a road bike, and called me just in time to save him from a disaster (he doesn't know anything about bikes or components). I suggested looking around a bit more and my friend has a Boardman and loves it, so we nipped to Halfords to have a look.

The Boardman Team road bike is £645 and he fell in love with it straight away. I had a quick moozy around the groupset and components, and I have to say i reckon its well worth the money. SRAM and Ritchey components, practically hardly any difference in components to the next model up, the £1000 Team Carbon, and yet although is aluminium frame with carbon forks, rather than full carbon, it's only 0.5 lb heavier!

At £645, if i ever find myself on a budget, i know what bike i'm having. i would have no problem downgrading my Scott CR1 Pro to it without feeling like i'd come right down quality. i reckon its well worth the money, so just thought i'd whack my opinion on here in case anyone is after a cheapish road bike with good stuff on it, and wanted to moozy on down to Halfords to have a look.

There are also 2 lower models, and the next one down has Shimano 105 on it. i think from memory its about £500+ but can't remember the exact price and they didn't have one in the shop. But the spec is in the book.

Although his original budget was £500 we discussed it and he's decided to save for another month and go with the £645 Team bike. i reckon he's got a cracking bike for the money.

Top Bottom