Body advice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

This morn. in bed around about 10am was gonna check out a bit more rest, radio on lightly...fantastic :biggrin:...then:

I was on the front and was stretching sort of like :biggrin: and then; in an area just by the lower lung something went clunk then I got PAIN...so much soo I was nearly crying!

I had immense pain getting the trousers on, shoes forget it ! though did manage it later on, managed to do the toilet :biggrin: ok...

So, has anyone got experience of 'the body' and pulled things or snapped things, even :sad:

Yet once I'd got down stairs normally - I was by and large fine and in the afternoon done some light shopping.

I will be visiting the docs tom. at some point guaranteed !

I also plan to do some swimming to strengthen the upper body, as cycling is very lower body dependent as we know !

:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Definately get thyself to the quacks, which you are doing.

I've got a weak muscle/connective wotsit/summat or other between a couple of ribs on my left side and thought I was having a heart attack at the age of about twenty or so. I wasn't.

It still givers me gyp, ten years later, and it doesn't half worry folk when in the middle of doing something I get the pain and clasp my hand to my chest while wincing cos it does hurt. It's only muscular but it right contorts me sometimes.

longers said:
Definately get thyself to the quacks, which you are doing.

I've got a weak muscle/connective wotsit/summat or other between a couple of ribs on my left side and thought I was having a heart attack at the age of about twenty or so. I wasn't.

It still givers me gyp, ten years later, and it doesn't half worry folk when in the middle of doing something I get the pain and clasp my hand to my chest while wincing cos it does hurt. It's only muscular but it right contorts me sometimes.

I think this must be quite common. I know a few people who've had this, get an occasional twitch myself in the same area but it's definetly musculature. You can, I believe, get an inflammation of 'the sac' (don't know proper words for it) between ribs and chest wall (I think, apologies for being so vague), which is damn painful by all accounts.

longers

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
You can, I believe, get an inflammation of 'the sac' (don't know proper words for it) between ribs and chest wall (I think, apologies for being so vague), which is damn painful by all accounts.

Pleurisy?

catwoman

I recommend swimming as excellent exercise. I stopped for a couple of years after many years of regular swimming but have started going again recently. I try to go three times a week but it's usually only twice. :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I second swimming as a good exercise, trouble is I'm too fast and the buggers all get in my way. I am fish :biggrin:.

longers said:

Could be. I could also be mixing my symptoms here. There's muscular-skeletal pain, which I think is most common, then there's cartilage pain and yes, Pleurisy, which can follow chest/lung infections. I think that's probably what I was thinking about in my slightly muddled way. Anyway, what I was trying to say was chest pain is quite common for a variety of reasons which are not necessarily as ominous as people first think: As well to visit the doc though.

Abitrary

yenrod said:
So, has anyone got experience of 'the body' and pulled things or snapped things, even :biggrin:

It might actually be RSI. Do you sit on front of a computer all day? If I sit in a certain way for months, and then change desk / monitor etc, it doesn't hit me right away, but on a Saturday I wake up and feel like something has snapped in my back / neck / diapraghm and can't actually get out of bed. Also can't drive because I can't look around.

yenrod said:
I will be visiting the docs tom. at some point guaranteed !

I also plan to do some swimming to strengthen the upper body, as cycling is very lower body dependent as we know !

I went to the doctor and he gave me a note saying 'give this guy what he wants at work, furniture or otherwise'. I've never used it in anger because it never came back, but it's a comforting document to have.

I tried swimming, and it felt narky for about 20 lengths, but next day it was fine

col

Legendary Member
Might possibly be the intercostal muscles ,in between your ribs,the ones that expand your ribcage when you breath in.when they go its bloody painful,but normally recover quite quick.

Gary D

yenrod,
Had you done any heavy lifting in the preceeding 24 hours or so?
I have had the same thing happen twice. First time I thought I was having a heart attack and I was only 30 something! :biggrin:

Went to A&E, had an ECG which was fine, and they diagnosed it as a torn muscle between the ribs. The pain was excruciating and they gave me some really strong pain killers which sent me to "happy land". I have never known anything like it before or since and it was very worrying at the time.

Second time it happened, years later, I knew what it was. Both times I had been lifting or carrying heavy things in the previous 24 hours or so but the pain didn't hit till later.

The pain was so bad I had to shallow breathe because it hurt to expand my chest. If I sneezed or coughed that was a nightmare.

Just kept taking lots of pain killers and waited for it to heal.

Gary.

Top Bottom