bonked, hit the wall, blew up !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon_brooke

the anorak said:
well today i bonked, or hit the wall, or blew up, whatever you want to call it :biggrin::sad::smile:

seemed to be doing fine for around the first ten miles then just ran out of puff !!! stopped to stretch and then realised how hot i was. had a banana and tried to carry on but my legs were like lead, then my nose started to bung up, may have been hay-fever but not sure.

had to roll home like a tourist with my helmet off to cool down

not felt that bad on a bike for a long while :wacko::sad:

Seriously, have you got (or are you getting) flu? I'm just recovering, and it isn't nice.

lukesdad

the anorak said:
no, I'm only on holiday for ONE week IN a couple of weeks. can't afford two weeks, wish i could :biggrin:

off to visit relatives in south wales, and no room in the car for a bike :biggrin:

Cant take a bike to south wales Anorak do you know what your missing.

yenrod

the anorak said:
well today i bonked, or hit the wall, or blew up, whatever you want to call it ;):sad::sad:

couldn't go out this morning as the wife was at work, so spent the morning in the sun doing a bit of a service on my commuter bike (fitted different rear mudguard, tightened spokes in front wheel, fitted different rear derailleur, greased front and rear wheels bearings and general clean)

didn't really eat or drink anything till around 3 o'clock, apart from breakfast, and then headed out for a ride.

seemed to be doing fine for around the first ten miles then just ran out of puff !!! stopped to stretch and then realised how hot i was. had a banana and tried to carry on but my legs were like lead, then my nose started to bung up, may have been hay-fever but not sure.

had to roll home like a tourist with my helmet off to cool down

not felt that bad on a bike for a long while :smile::sad:

Smoothies are good ! - if you blow !!!!!!!!!

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I didn't eat or drink properly a couple of months back and after about 25 miles across the morning I was feeling so weird and discombobulated when I got to work I put my D-Lock through someone else's bike as well as my own. In a very obvious way.

Luckily I know the owner well and when I explained what had happened he was very nice about it.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
well i hope I'm not getting the flu !!!:laugh:

yes, I've seen the hills in south wales :blush:, that's why there's no room for the bike :biggrin: maybe one day

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
aha, i see you are from Tenby :tongue:

my father-in-law lives in Neath, i guess we will be down Tenby way at some point, Folly farm with the kids again :bravo:

Top Bottom