bonked, hit the wall, blew up !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
well today i bonked, or hit the wall, or blew up, whatever you want to call it :angry::sad::angry:

couldn't go out this morning as the wife was at work, so spent the morning in the sun doing a bit of a service on my commuter bike (fitted different rear mudguard, tightened spokes in front wheel, fitted different rear derailleur, greased front and rear wheels bearings and general clean)

didn't really eat or drink anything till around 3 o'clock, apart from breakfast, and then headed out for a ride.

seemed to be doing fine for around the first ten miles then just ran out of puff !!! stopped to stretch and then realised how hot i was. had a banana and tried to carry on but my legs were like lead, then my nose started to bung up, may have been hay-fever but not sure.

had to roll home like a tourist with my helmet off to cool down

not felt that bad on a bike for a long while :rofl::sad:

blazed

220lb+
Sounds like its about time you quit, maybe buy one of those electric bikes.

RedBike

Sometimes that happens.
I think we've all had rides where we're seriously wondering just how practical it is to take a taxi or a bus home.

blazed

220lb+
RedBike said:
Sometimes that happens.
I think we've all had rides where we're seriously wondering just how practical it is to take a taxi or a bus home.

I would only take a taxi or bus home if my bike been stolen and in order to steal my bike you would need to be armed with a gun and have one hell of an aim to hit me because i am super fast. Even then a bullet wound wouldnt stop me it would to kill i suppose.

iLB

Hello there
as ever some very helpful advice from mr.blazed, [cough/] troll [cough]

yes bonking isn't fun, always make sure you carry either an energy bar or a gel, as well as a bananna as you did, just to make sure you do get home :angry:

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
my mums got an electric bike, think I'll have to borrow it :angry:

off on holiday in a couple of weeks so I'll get a rest from the bikes, may be just what i need :angry:

RedBike

off on holiday in a couple of weeks so I'll get a rest from the bikes, may be just what i need :angry:

A few days rest is a good idea; but I don't think there's any need to take a few weeks rest.

Just make sure that next time you ride you eat and drink properly.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
no, I'm only on holiday for ONE week IN a couple of weeks. can't afford two weeks, wish i could :blush:

off to visit relatives in south wales, and no room in the car for a bike ;)

Lisa21

Mooching.............
User3143 said:
Some of your comments although trollish were quite funny - now though they are plain boring. Give it a rest blazed everyone knows you are a bit of a tit.

:blush: ( ;) )

Garz

Squat Member
Definitely a tit!

Anyway have a good holiday break anorak, the rest and few outings will get you back in no time!

blazed

220lb+
User3143 said:
Some of your comments although trollish were quite funny - now though they are plain boring. Give it a rest blazed everyone knows you are a bit of a tit.
Sounds like im getting inside your nut.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
"didn't really eat or drink anything till around 3 o'clock, apart from breakfast, and then headed out for a ride."

I think you answered your own question. Your car wont run on an empty tank either.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
Banjo said:
"didn't really eat or drink anything till around 3 o'clock, apart from breakfast, and then headed out for a ride."

I think you answered your own question. Your car wont run on an empty tank either.

yeah, i know where i went wrong :wacko:, just never realised it would have such a dramatic effect, it was like turning off a tap, and then only being able to get a dribble out after that. :biggrin:

lesson learnt, i hope ;)

PS: don't feed the troll/tit :blush:

Just as I have told many friends. Eat and Drink before and during your ride you may not fill like it but do it as your body will not tell you it needs it until you hit the wall. When you do all you can do is stop rest eat and drink and then work your way into the ride just to get home.

I have in the past ridden 100+ miles a day 5 days a week for years and I know to well about the wall. My wall has my face all over it as I have hit is so many times finding out the hard way.

Top Bottom