Excitement in the Air,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ogill2000

Regular
Went outside just awhile ago and you can smell the spring coming.The birds know it before any other creature. There is fierce excitement in the air and I am far from ready, so maybe I can get some advice here. I want to locate a good quality,steel MTB from the late eighties to the early nineties to convert to a tourier for the coming year. I love working on old Raleigh 3 speeds in my spare time so I would like to stick to Raleigh and have identified a suitable model the Raleigh dynatech encounter as a worthy option. I am new to this forum and I am based in Co. Cork in Ireland.If any body can help me in sourcing one in fairly good condition I would be most grateful, or can suggest another bike that would do.I’m afraid I don’t like the look of the modern bike (I’m an old lad) but the encounter certainly caught my eye. Thanks very much and look out for the busses!!!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Welcome aboard 👋

Good luck with your search……

All uphill

Still rolling along
Went outside just awhile ago and you can smell the spring coming.The birds know it before any other creature. There is fierce excitement in the air and I am far from ready, so maybe I can get some advice here. I want to locate a good quality,steel MTB from the late eighties to the early nineties to convert to a tourier for the coming year. I love working on old Raleigh 3 speeds in my spare time so I would like to stick to Raleigh and have identified a suitable model the Raleigh dynatech encounter as a worthy option. I am new to this forum and I am based in Co. Cork in Ireland.If any body can help me in sourcing one in fairly good condition I would be most grateful, or can suggest another bike that would do.I’m afraid I don’t like the look of the modern bike (I’m an old lad) but the encounter certainly caught my eye. Thanks very much and look out for the busses!!!

Good plan @ogill2000

I'd suggest not being too choosy; any good quality steel framed bike with rigid fork, and that fits you, will make you a good tourer.

I started with a 1994 Marin Stinson five years ago and have covered thousands of enjoyable miles on it; along the way I taught myself to build new wheels, had it resprayed, put on drops, back to flat bars, converted it to 3 x 9.

20221031_154537.jpg

It's the one bike I'll never sell.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Went outside just awhile ago and you can smell the spring coming.

I thought exactly the same this morning as I went out to the wheelie bins; there was something good in the air.
Bit of a shame I had a stinking bag of cat litter in my hand!

No doubt there's more winter weather to come, but spring is closer every day and daylight is noticeable lengthening.
Had a lovely short ride yesterday, and might have to do the same this afternoon.

Top Bottom