Bonkers or the future of EAPCs? The Drycycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

To be fair, a Ford Focus is just as likely to kill you as a lorry if it drives over your torso, windpipe or head. Being merely killed is ultimately just as dead as being overkilled.

Being run over while riding your pink Barbie shopper is liable ro prove just as injurious as being run over while riding one of these enclosed bicycles, yet you still ride your 2 wheeler quite merrily. These devices are no less safe than a normal bicycle.
You can get out of the way faster you would be trapped in one of them sorry to pour cold water on them but that's my opinion

classic33

Leg End Member
You can get out of the way faster you would be trapped in one of them sorry to pour cold water on them but that's my opinion
As a rider of a recumbent quadricycle I'll have to disagree. The e-assist quad I pictured earlier, is slightly larger than what I ride at present, and I'm waiting on seeing how the DHL trial works out. It might even bring the price, in this country, down slightly.

It's built with function in mind, not fashion. And only became possible to use on public roads when the regulations changed. As did the first pictured.

Biker man

Exactly, merely an opinion devoid of evidence.
No I haven't got evidence just my gut instinct every day I have cars and white van Man . coming close enough to give me a shave ,but good luck to those who do .Must admit that the weather protection is appealing not winter is here.

classic33

Leg End Member
No I haven't got evidence just my gut instinct every day I have cars and white van Man . coming close enough to give me a shave ,but good luck to those who do .Must admit that the weather protection is appealing not winter is here.
If you don't cycle when it's raining, you'll stay dry.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Ive mentioned this before but none of this appeals to me. Perhaps it's what the masses might want though. I want something stupid, insane, ridiculous that is probably much worse in practical terms.

Look how happy these astute gentlemen look
79b0e0b1b8483d946cd9cc45ad5f2e6d.jpg

Look how terrified this smooth looking chap is...

One-Wheel-Electric-Micro-Cycle-by-RYNO-Motors-2.jpg

More of this please, i don't want to look like a smug git in a drybicyclist machine...

Drago

Legendary Member
As a rider of a recumbent quadricycle I'll have to disagree.
I'm guessing youve not spent much time dead of late? I mean, you move around a lot and have lovely rosy cheeks, so I'm guessing you are alive and that its not merely clever makeup?

classic33

Leg End Member
Ive mentioned this before but none of this appeals to me. Perhaps it's what the masses might want though. I want something stupid, insane, ridiculous that is probably much worse in practical terms.

Look how happy these astute gentlemen look
View attachment 615502

Look how terrified this smooth looking chap is...

View attachment 615503

More of this please, i don't want to look like a smug git in a drybicyclist machine...
Not ridden a mono wheel, the only one's I've seen are petrol powered, not electric. I've ridden a unicycle and a penny farthing(Ordinary). The latter as a trial ride in Shipley, when Ellis Briggs were on the Otley road out. Plenty of room given, but the slight downhill run took a bit of time to run off. I'd no plans to go over the handle bars on a main road.

Top Bottom