Bonkers or the future of EAPCs? The Drycycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

View: https://youtu.be/9B0eXmbrBIo

The future or destined to go the same way as the Sinclair C5.

What you think?

Think I will stick with my Kalkhoff.🤠

classic33

Leg End Member
I want one of these

classic33

Leg End Member
Hmmm ... not sure how that'd work in windy weather ... it's effectively a lightweight high-sided vehicle, and I don't think I'd fancy my chances of staying upright or in a straight line for quite a lot of the year!
That's just a container that happens to fit on the back. Can also be used as a flatbed.

Drago

Legendary Member
But that's always going to be the way with these types of vehicles. They're always going to look rather puny in an effort to save weight and energy. I don't know how you get around that.
But the Podbike looks futuristic, sleek and purposeful, the Sinclair job doesn't look too bad either. It is quite possible to design and build enclosed EPACs, EAHPVs, whatever, that look neither comical nor fugly - too many companies are managing to do so to make any excuses for fugliness to be acceptable.

Biker man

But the Podbike looks futuristic, sleek and purposeful, the Sinclair job doesn't look too bad either. It is quite possible to design and build enclosed EPACs, EAHPVs, whatever, that look neither comical nor fugly - too many companies are managing to do so to make any excuses for fugliness to be acceptable.
Don't think I fancy it really imagine a heavy lorry behind you.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, OK. That'd work better in windy places.
DHL are trialling them in this country at present.

Biker man

No real problem, you become aware of what's on the road and a bit more assertive in your cycling.
Rather you than me lorry drivers used to be Knights of road but nowadays some are very aggressive think you would be better off in a city car than them they look death traps to me .But good luck to you.

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, a Ford Focus is just as likely to kill you as a lorry if it drives over your torso, windpipe or head. Being merely killed is ultimately just as dead as being overkilled.

Being run over while riding your pink Barbie shopper is liable ro prove just as injurious as being run over while riding one of these enclosed bicycles, yet you still ride your 2 wheeler quite merrily. These devices are no less safe than a normal bicycle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom