Bono bike accident: 'I may never play guitar again'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
...could the ninja cyclist responsible for this terrible tragedy report back to his superiors that the next guy needs to aim for the throat, rather than the arm...:whistle:

I was going to say its a shame he doesn't pedal with his throat ........... uncharitable people might even say karma was at work here for forcing his wares onto the general population*

* Disclaimer: of course I am joking I wouldn't with this sort of thing on any cyclist no matter who they happen to be.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So what drives the negative comments here - if he had been a CC Cyclist there would've been lot's of ooh's and aah's and commiserations etc etc.

Is it because he is:

a) completely up himself?

b) rich?

c) both?

Drago

Legendary Member
So what drives the negative comments here - if he had been a CC Cyclist there would've been lot's of ooh's and aah's and commiserations etc etc.

Is it because he is:

b) rich?

c) both?

He's up himself, he's talentless, he thinks cos he's earned a few quid as a pop star he's entitled to preach to fans about politics and the economy, and he's just generally quite annoying.

His fat wallet is neither here nor there - there at plenty of poor folk I equally dislike.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
If only Morrissey had cycled round the M25 when he was young.
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

I liked/like the Smiths too.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

Is it because he is:

b) rich?

c) both?

He's famous, that's what he's there for, but jocularity in the main and if he were a friend I'd say the same things to him. He's had 20-30 years of a lot of people ripping it out of him and he never seems to moan about it, so I'm sure he's got a thick enough skin to handle it, else he would have jacked it all in years ago. Besides that, he probably gave Randy a hernia with all of that biggest crap ever stuff :whistle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I was wondering why he was wearing a leather jacket and cycling. I had to re-read the letter thing incase the 'bike' was a motorbike.
I had no idea that he played guitar.

Will he still be able to click his fingers and say "every time I click my fingers, a child dies in Africa"? Might be better all around if he stops clicking.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
My butler informs me that the boy can sing and can (could) strum a guitar - my butler is one mean guitarist and is quite worldly in this subject. Even co-wrote some stellar international quality tunes apparently......to not be able to play the 6 string anymore must be awful for him. But, in no way does that excuse him from pushing / forcing his music onto my butler's iPad. Tsk. The lower classes must try harder.

Top Bottom