Bono bike accident: 'I may never play guitar again'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It must have been one heck of a crash. I've come off several times and only cut my knee:blush:. BTW, whatever you all think of Bono, U2 have chalked up some impressive hits - One is possibly the most moving ballad I've heard. Plus, they're a great live band.

aoj

His bone went through his leather jacket, he must have been pretending he was on a motorbike. He's good at that, prepending. .......vrooom vrooom

Looks like it was a Motorbike accident according to this report.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/b...ital-reveals-u2-singer-s-condition-89170.html

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Whilst avoiding another cyclist....sigh

I'm not a fan of U2, although I did see their 360 tour at Wembley a few years ago, which I thought was awesome. Makes me laugh when people make comments like "he can't sing" about performers that have maintained hugely successful careeres over a vast amounts of time (in showbiz terms)...clearly they can sing, whether they sing in a way that you like is perhaps the issue...this isn't jedward we are talking about, this is long standing and successful band of musicians,mcomposers and lyricists...I have sympathy for anyone who has dedicated their career to an art form and suddenly find that they can no longer express themselves through part of that form any longer.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

I'm not a fan of U2, although I did see their 360 tour at Wembley a few years ago, which I thought was awesome. Makes me laugh when people make comments like "he can't sing" about performers that have maintained hugely successful careeres over a vast amounts of time (in showbiz terms)...clearly they can sing, whether they sing in a way that you like is perhaps the issue...this isn't jedward we are talking about, this is long standing and successful band of musicians,mcomposers and lyricists...I have sympathy for anyone who has dedicated their career to an art form and suddenly find that they can no longer express themselves through part of that form any longer.

This is the internets, we don't want the voice of reason.

Cyclist33

My butler informs me that the boy can sing and can (could) strum a guitar - my butler is one mean guitarist and is quite worldly in this subject. Even co-wrote some stellar international quality tunes apparently......to not be able to play the 6 string anymore must be awful for him. But, in no way does that excuse him from pushing / forcing his music onto my butler's iPad. Tsk. The lower classes must try harder.
FFS, it cost you nothing and you could just delete it.

If you have read articles written about Bono and people like Freddy Mercury overt he last 3 decades, you would have noticed that the latter's singing ability and particularly his vocal range is more often than not is mentioned. Even seen anyone mention Bono's singing attributes. No doubt they are have great songs / ballads and they are a proven lot and a giant in the music industry but Bono singing ability is another thing altogether.

Bob Dylan is another standout in this regard. A song writing legend and he delivered some masterpieces but he was smart enough to work within his limited means and loaded it with unbelievable tunes and lyrics.

Cyclist33

If you have read articles written about Bono and people like Freddy Mercury overt he last 3 decades, you would have noticed that the latter's singing ability and particularly his vocal range is more often than not is mentioned. Even seen anyone mention Bono's singing attributes. No doubt they are have great songs / ballads and they are a proven lot and a giant in the music industry but Bono singing ability is another thing altogether.

Bob Dylan is another standout in this regard. A song writing legend and he delivered some masterpieces but he was smart enough to work within his limited means and loaded it with unbelievable tunes and lyrics.
You obviously haven't listened to him live then, but in any event I find it pathetic that this thread has cheap u2 or Bono slatings in it. Guy broke his arm in a bike crash.

Cyclist33

Define rich, and by the look of some of the bikes on here, yes they do!!

I'll go out on a (broken) limb and say that I love u2 like no band before or since, for me they embody the band ethic absolutely regardless of the awesome music they put out there.

All musical taste is opinion, who gives a shoot if one person says "that's rubbish"? Or not? I spent 48 minutes today listening to The Orb + David Gilmour and while it was good I wished for a bit of verse chorus structure. So what? Lola's Theme is just as good.

Who cares if Bono annoys people? At least he does stuff that makes a difference. While he doesn't have to. So many of us swan about with our morals and carbon and make a difference in ways that we can. So does he.

Top Bottom