Bono bike accident: 'I may never play guitar again'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
You know you are dealing with the lower classes with ideas above their stations when they can't eve spell Bentley:whistle:

Personally I find one's Bugatti Royale an excellent and substantial automobile for nudging peasants in Bentleys off the carriageway.

Last edited:

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Stableboy? Who, Shorty-greasy-spot-spot?

Drago

Legendary Member
Nobber = personal insult directed at those guilty of acts of great nobberism.

I mean, the word was created to describe someone who calls himself Boner, who hangs round with a guy called The Hedge, who preaches about our dying planet while himself raping it with his high level consumerism.

brand

So what drives the negative comments here - if he had been a CC Cyclist there would've been lot's of ooh's and aah's and commiserations etc etc.

Is it because he is:

a) completely up himself?

b) rich?

c) both?
A and D/ a hypocrite of the highest order.

Last edited:

brand

Yes we all feel sorry for him because he won't be able to play the guitar that nobody knew he played. Terrible.

brand

Whilst avoiding another cyclist....sigh

I'm not a fan of U2, although I did see their 360 tour at Wembley a few years ago, which I thought was awesome. Makes me laugh when people make comments like "he can't sing" about performers that have maintained hugely successful careeres over a vast amounts of time (in showbiz terms)...clearly they can sing, whether they sing in a way that you like is perhaps the issue...this isn't jedward we are talking about, this is long standing and successful band of musicians,mcomposers and lyricists...I have sympathy for anyone who has dedicated their career to an art form and suddenly find that they can no longer express themselves through part of that form any longer.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
A/ Did he ever play a guitar while performing?
B/ If so, as a lead singer will he need to in the future?
Hopefully the answer is yes to both A & B.

brand

Bonio singing reminds me of when I accidentally ran over the neighbours cat with the lawnmower.
Accidentally?

brand

Define rich, and by the look of some of the bikes on here, yes they do!!

I'll go out on a (broken) limb and say that I love u2 like no band before or since, for me they embody the band ethic absolutely regardless of the awesome music they put out there.

All musical taste is opinion, who gives a shoot if one person says "that's rubbish"? Or not? I spent 48 minutes today listening to The Orb + David Gilmour and while it was good I wished for a bit of verse chorus structure. So what? Lola's Theme is just as good.

Who cares if Bono annoys people? At least he does stuff that makes a difference. While he doesn't have to. So many of us swan about with our morals and carbon and make a difference in ways that we can. So does he.
I doubt their are many multi millionaire equivalent bicycles in existence never mind ridden by people on this middle class politically correct site.
He does stuff that makes a difference? That is a matter of opinion like musical taste! and he does it because it makes him feel good about himself not for the benefit of others. As someone has already said he is up himself.
Nor can I agree on your musical taste, LEONARD COHEN IS GOD Bono is not fit to wipe his a*se. That's not an opinion it's a fact.

Competent butlers are invisible, anything less is ostentatious.
Back when "I" had a butler*, we got on really well together, I was a shipyard turner who was made redundant, he was a Railway works turner who was made redundant, so we had a lot in common to talk about. Now the chauffeur, on the other hand, he was a right snobby git.

*Not really my butler, he came with the wife and chateau.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

Sorry and thanks for the correction...ahem......could the ninja cyclist responsible for this terrible tragedy report back to his superiors that the next guy needs to aim for the TWATTs throat, rather than the TWATTs arm...:whistle:

If he didn't want the attention, he wouldn't have announced the event in the first place, nor would he have announced that he's going into hiding and that he won't be able to play the instrument which he doesn't play for a living. You can say what you want about his songs, but I'd sooner chop my winky off with a ham slicer than listen to it, or his self gratifying political and / or charitable claptrap.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
what's happened to the one who isn't bono / the edge / the other one (second right) hair?
_80018386_u2.jpg

Larry the lamb jr - jr

Top Bottom