Bono - I'm Overpaid, So Shoot Me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Flying_Monkey said:
I'm a hard man to please. :sad:

But I'd be impressed with 1% for someone earning five grand. I'd be astounded by 10%!

I would be astounded if the average person gave 10%!!

10% is still 10% and I bet 4 million is a hell of a lot more than most celebrity charity do gooders give.

Wigsie said:
I am not huge fans of Brangelina, But was reading something about their charity work and aside from adopting half the orphans in the world Brad gave £4 million last year with a reported £45 million worth I didnt think that was too bad... how many of us contribute 10% (ish) of our earnings a year to charity?

Shame he wasn't asking to be shot though.

That still leaves them £41 000 000 a year to live on ... I'd be more impressed, like FM, if they gave £41 000 000 a year to charity and scraped by on a mere £4 000 000 a year. Which is, let me see ... 200 times more than I somehow manage on.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Rhythm Thief said:
That still leaves them £41 000 000 a year to live on ... I'd be more impressed, like FM, if they gave £41 000 000 a year to charity and scraped by on a mere £4 000 000 a year. Which is, let me see ... 200 times more than I somehow manage on.

MacB said:
90% of 24 million, leaves me £2.4 million, I reckon I could get by

Ha ha I would eat Rich P's crisps if any of you would give away that money! being left with 2.4million or not!

you're all talking shite!... :biggrin::laugh::laugh:

Mr Pig

Flying_Monkey said:
he feels the need to lecture people about what they should do with their limited resources, whilst he indulges in things like property development and is a total corporate whore.

I too find him a bit annoying, I can see your point, he's a hypocrite but so what? How many of us aren't? I know I am. But we knock the people who are at least trying to do 'something' to help other people, however flawed, and tend to leave the truly self-centred alone. It's a human disease. Looking for the spec in our neighbour's whilst ignoring the log in our own.

And he does look old without the glasses...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wigsie said:
Ha ha I would eat Rich P's crisps if any of you would give away that money! being left with 2.4million or not!

you're all talking shite!... :biggrin::laugh::laugh:

I'll have you know, Wiggo, that I gave my wife some of those crisps - probably less than 50% it's true.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'd be far more impressed if they just gave what they want quietly and went about their daily lives being overpaid and wishing for death, its the messianic look at me aren't I just brilliant cos I care so much I can't stop preaching to the masses and boring the ****ing tits off the world whilst flying my hat first class to a gig in Italy or touring with an entourage that is the size of a small Welsh village.

Penises the pair of them. I prefer the footballers and such that visit the hospitals and run charity days, out of the limelight.

I'd rather Bono have said 'I'm overpaid, So........ I'm giving a load of it to Great Ormond Street to open the 'Bono is great Parent Respite Home from Home'

'I'm overpaid, so shoot me' to quote a great thinker on the subject, what a c**t

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Wigsie said:

you're all talking shite!... :evil::laugh::blush:

you'd eat RichPs' crisps for a lot less than that you degenerate t*sspot, don't try to entice us into giving you an excuse:biggrin:

shouldbeinbed said:
I'd be far more impressed if they just gave what they want quietly and went about their daily lives being overpaid and wishing for death, its the messianic look at me aren't I just brilliant cos I care so much I can't stop preaching to the masses and boring the ****ing tits off the world whilst flying my hat first class to a gig in Italy or touring with an entourage that is the size of a small Welsh village.

Penises the pair of them. I prefer the footballers and such that visit the hospitals and run charity days, out of the limelight.

I'd rather Bono have said 'I'm overpaid, So........ I'm giving a load of it to Great Ormond Street to open the 'Bono is great Parent Respite Home from Home'

'I'm overpaid, so shoot me' to quote a great thinker on the subject, what a c**t

My thoughts exactly.

darkstar

The thing that snnoys me most about that article is the fact that Nike are heading a drive to buy clothes to aid poverty in Africa. Maybe they should begin by paying their workers even a few pence more per week, even that would make a huge difference.

The Swooshtika is in full force... evil company.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
darkstar said:
The thing that snnoys me most about that article is the fact that Nike are heading a drive to buy clothes to aid poverty in Africa. Maybe they should begin by paying their workers even a few pence more per week, even that would make a huge difference.

The Swooshtika is in full force... evil company.

Totally agree, I'd happily pay a fairer price for goods but, like most people, I don't want to have my expenditure upped just to see the big chain of middlemen rake off the majority of it.

dustystreet

if i was one of the band members, i'd be having a strong word with him about how he's ****ing up my earning potential by becoming such a complete cock, no-one will buy U2 records anymore.

or i'd just impale him on a drumstick.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
dustystreet said:
if i was one of the band members, i'd be having a strong word with him about how he's ****ing up my earning potential by becoming such a complete cock.QUOTE]

I understood that they'd already done that - once a cock though...

Top Bottom