Bono - I'm Overpaid, So Shoot Me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Then me. Dear god, what an utter penis.

adscrim

Veteran
I hate these campaigns...

"With this campaign, I'm not asking people to put their hands in their pockets. I'm asking them to put the hands in the pockets of the companies like Apple and I'm not sure people really get that."

...because Apple and Nike will gain no benefit at all from people buying their goods.

Why can't these state in adverts that they are giving money to charity an encourage others to do the same...

"We gave $X to charity this year and it's helped do Y. Why not give some yourself - you'll get good Karma. Also, we've made this stuff and you'll be more popular, better looking and as such more attractive to that elusive mate if you purchase it. Love you."

Alan Whicker

I love being told what to do with my money by bazillionaires.

I wonder if it even occurs to him that the old dear giving a fiver to Save The Children is parting with a bigger percentage of her income that he is, the sanctimonious gitprong.

Mr Pig

He is a twat, and he looks very old without the gregorys, but I guess at least he is trying to do 'something'. Lots of rich people just live to line their own pockets and keep themselves comfortable. Are they better people? If you were rich, would you do more than Bono?

GilesM

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
He is a twat, and he looks very old without the gregorys, but I guess at least he is trying to do 'something'. Lots of rich people just live to line their own pockets and keep themselves comfortable. Are they better people? If you were rich, would you do more than Bono?

The only thing he's trying to do is keep his sad punchable face in the news and pay as little tax as possible, so yes, I am sure I would do much more if I had his wealth.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Yes.

BTW, can't someone just do what he asks and shoot him?

As much as I would like a Bono free world, this is not a good idea, just think of the publicity his death would get, all radio stations would be 24hr U2 records, better that he is locked up in a sound proof (and whinge-proof) box for the rest of his natural life.

Top Bottom